Hello HSM members and guests! Welcome to the new improved site!

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by StockJock-e, Apr 4, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its the last time Im giving you the keys!

Stockaholic and OldFart like this.
  2. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Yo Eagle eye Cy! @Cy McCaffrey

I've been busy trying to make a living + afford Obamacare at the same time.
    Might have to give up the ACA though, and just pay the fine...went from $250 to $390 and I hear there's another price hike in the pipeline.
    Not sure how the hell I am supposed to pay that every month....Trump to the rescue!!

Tiptopptrader and Stockaholic like this.
  3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

I know it...I messed it up...dammit it!

Stockaholic likes this.
  4. Sameiemas

Sameiemas New Member

Hey there OldFart, Gil, Cy and Sammy... I'm an Old Fart now after all these years; not an official member of the originals, but I ~feel your pain~ haha..
    Looking forward to seeing you all around
    ~Sis~

OldFart likes this.
  5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

I just wanted to quickly bump this thread to the top as I feel this year's forum move was truly the highlight of 2016 IMHO.

I know I wrote this up over on my "Reflecting back on 2016..." thread, but I feel it is also worth putting out in here as well.

As we're closing the books on 2016 and opening a new year in 2017 here, I think it is worth reflecting back on the year that was here.

I feel this move from HSM into Stockaholics.net was a success story personally.

For those of you who were not around during our HSM years, we've had quite the history at this community!

It all started out in 2002 when @Gil Oren (aka, StockJock-e then) first brought this baby online. I hadn't personally join until 2006.

It was first brought about on a forum platform called vBulletin until around 2010 when it was switched over to another forum platform by the name of Huddler.

Then in April of this year we moved into XF (XenForo) however unlike our previous 2 moves, the database was not ported over and we started on a clean slate. New threads, new posts, new domain name, new everything! Lol.

Initially I'll admit it was kind of horrifying hearing the news that our old 14-year old database would not get ported over to our new home here, and for a brief time there was a little drama that spilled over that lol, but after all the dust had settled I think the whole move really went as smoothly as you could possibly ask for a board that was starting on a fresh database after 14 years on another.

And well, 7 months later here we are! Growing quicker than we ever had been in our final years at HSM in fact!

It has been a year to remember for sure. Not only for all the wild and crazy events that we saw in this year. But, this board move in particular which was one of the most daunting tasks ever.

I think a huge hats off goes out to @Gil Oren for his phenomenal hard work & efforts moving us into here in April. If it weren't for him we seriously wouldn't be here today.

In addition, I want to also give a shout out to @T0rm3nted , @Tiptopptrader , @JerryM , @stock1234 , @Steven_Burt , @Ken34 , @anotherdevilsadvocate, @Value543, @Baggi, @Z-OldEurope, @OldFart, @MaximusAnalysis and the entire crew here at Stockaholics for their continued contributions to this board then and now! You guys seriously make this board happen and I honestly cannot even thank you all enough!

I hope you all have a very Happy, healthy, and most importantly a prosperous 2017 ahead! May this be the best year yet! Let's all kill it in 2017! $$$! :D

Best wishes and I hope to see you all in the New Year!

Thank you all for making this the most close-knit community I have personally ever been apart of. I've been on a few communities in my time and nothing even comes close to this community here! You guys absolutely rock!

Thank you one and all. 2017 here we come!! :cool:

blypelako, T0rm3nted and Z-OldEurope like this.
  6. Z-OldEurope

Z-OldEurope Active Member

Very kind words, thanks a lot.

And also thank you for your work here. Without you it wouldn't be what it is now.
    You are one of the carthorses here. And of course thanks goes to Gil who initiated
    all of this. Also a very nice person. And patient ;) he he

Living and working in Europe, this is my private and undistorted window into the Usa.
    And i love it. Over the years i met great people here and learned a lot, even if my
    focus switched more to Forex in the last years, this forum is a must !

Thank you all, and have a great 2017.

See ya all.

Z.

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Dang it! I forgot to add your name to my list of members to thank. Editing now :D

Thank you so much for your kind words Z, you have always been such a tremendous contributor to this great community (HSM/Stockaholics) for as long as I can remember!

It's people like you who make this such an incredible community IMHO. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming, and not to mention very helpful whenever help is needed! This place has been such a godsend for me personally over the 10 years that I have been a member here. I honestly cannot say that enough. I seriously would not be anything if it wasn't for the awesome camaraderie that goes on here at this community. It's really such a powerful thing. I am so grateful for having discovered this community when I did back in 2006. Although I have had fits and starts over the years, and haven't been nearly as consistent as I have been since about 2011ish give or take. But man, I just cannot thank everyone here enough. It's been real. And, although we've seemed to lose quite a handful of old timers over the years (especially since our move here into Stockaholics this year) I'm happy to say that we still have our core user base with us today which is pretty awesome to see! :D

I cannot wait to see what 2017 has in store for us all. Cheers to you Z and to everyone else! [​IMG]

Z-OldEurope likes this.
  8. Z-OldEurope

Z-OldEurope Active Member

Thanks again, and BTW.

I just had a look here http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/stockaholics.net

Well well, that would be a killer IPO !! Nice developing since the launch !!

ps. Have a look at the Top Keywords from Search Engines ;)

And Ranking below 367k global, 99k US is also pretty cool for a
    website that exists less than a year. With
    Members: 1685 atm.
    Buja.

Greets,

Z.

stoka1.jpg

stoka2.jpg

stoka3.jpg

#48 Z-OldEurope, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Stockaholic likes this.