Hi Everyone,

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gary B, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Gary B

Gary B New Member

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Just joined a few minutes ago after lurking here for a few days. I was looking for a place where I could get some fresh ideas without all the "pump". I hate most of the forums I've been to in the past and just wanted to try to find a place where ideas and common sense ruled and where Mods and Veterans made an effort to keep the forums the best they could. I've seen that here- so that's why I'm here.

I have traded on and off for about 15 years but I'm just getting back into it after about 5 years out. I like Small Cap and Penny stocks. I'm more subject to take a risk to scratch out a few dollars. I have other investments that allow me to be more risky in my stock picks but with that said I do have a set strategy that I follow and if a chart doesn't look good to me no matter what is going on with the stock- I'm out. I use EMA's and MACD's and look for trending stocks . It doesn't work all the time but when it does it's usually a beautiful thing.

Hope to be able to learn and maybe help others in time. GLTU Gary

Tiptopptrader and T0rm3nted like this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Gary! That's exactly what sets us apart. No pump, just clean discussion and analysis. Hope to see you around the boards!

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome Gary. Will be looking forward to some of your input. I also have my portfolio divided up in strategy. I do mainly income stocks and set some aside for some trend trading of growth stocks with an occasional pick up of value stocks with growth potential. Each one carries a different time frame and strategy for me. I got in new at about the time you got out. :D Still learning a lot but I suspect we never stop learning with stocks.

4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard @Gary B. I have left forums myself where the pumping and bashing was out of hand. Once a while we get a little spam and the mods remove that in a timely manner. Sounds like you have been around the block a few times and I look forward to your input.

TTT