Hi, I want to learn how to invest in the stock market.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Okjoek, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Okjoek

Okjoek New Member

I graduated from High School and I work a part time job as supplementary income for my family. I've got a few thousand dollars I'm not really doing anything with. There's nothing I really want to do with it because I have most of what I would ever want, but I was the top student in basic economics class in my junior year and I thought it was a fun class so maybe I could invest in stocks of companies I like that yield dividends for some long term income diversity outside my job.

how do I start? Do I just need to find a brokerage? I don't know which ones are reputable or have reasonable fees.

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Hi Okjoek,
    I have a thread in the Education forum that you might like to start with

https://stockaholics.net/threads/basic-training-through-investopedia.4084/

Many other good threads in that forum as well. As for brokers, there are several online brokers that are good. I like TD Ameritrade but there are others. With smaller amounts to start with I would also look at Vanguard. They offer ETF trading with no commission fees. Go through the notebook I linked you to and especially look over the strategies section to see what strategy might appeal to you. Also, join in on the Live Chat forum when you have time. It's linked in the menu bar at the top of this page. Good luck...

Okjoek likes this.