Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

How can I learn how to invest?

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Danny7866, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Danny7866

Danny7866 New Member

Hello,
    I would like to learn about how to invest in the stock market, right now I don't know almost anything..
    I tried to read some recommended books like "How to make money in stocks" by William J. Oneil, and "The intelligent investor" by Benjamin Graham.
    But the problem is I do not understand what I read at all, I guess these books are a little to advanced for me and I am lost and don't know where to start.

2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

If you want to know how to open a brokerage account or about the different kinds of orders (market, limit, stop) you can learn a lot from Investopedia. If you want to know the basics of various fundamental investing and technical trading mechanics I've always thought the Forex Peace Army does a good job; just ignore the FOREX stuff if you are interested in stocks.

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/forums/complete-trading-education-forex-military-school.158/

Chapter 6 may be a good place to start.

OldFart and Danny7866 like this.
  3. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

Also, the chart school at stockcharts.com was very useful to me when I started out. Like most people I spent years trying out different techniques and so the key to surviving this period is to trade small.

Everyone has their own style. As for me I don't go in for fundamental analyses at all, nada. I am convinced that all the fundamental data whether known by the public or the smart money, is condensed into the price action and therefore everything I need to know is on the chart. For me, having partial fundamental information, and news (someone's hidden agenda) is actually detrimental; I usually don't want to know; I don't want my chart reading to be biased by partial fundamental information or downright lies. The biggest participants in a particular stock have a team of fundamental analysts and they don't tell the public what they know. These people have access to insiders, they can control what news is released and when it is released. They time their stock market activities (manipulations) to coincide with the release of news. I simply attempt to follow their actions, which are evident on the chart.

It is important to understand that the game is rigged against the public, even from the very top. Consider that the Federal Reserve Chairman and the Board of Governors (the top banksters) know to the minute when the bull market will end.

#3 Onepoint272, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Timbo, T0rm3nted and Danny7866 like this.
  4. Danny7866

Danny7866 New Member

Thanks!

5. Jonathan Wiley

OldFart and Onepoint272 like this.
  6. Anny.M

Anny.M New Member

7. Ethan Scott

Ethan Scott New Member

Everyone feels the same way in the beginning, trust me. Stock market trading is not an easy thing which anyone can do. Investing blindly is never an answer.
    I guess the first step would be asking someone as to what market is flourishing with profits right now so that you don't make the wrong choice. Knowledge about the ups and downs of trading is generally necessary in order to make profits out of investments. No one would like to suffer a loss going into a share market.
    I guess you should just start small with a guaranteed returns of atleast 80% and then when you get a better understanding of how the revenues of a stock market go big.
    All the best.

Cheers

8. Ethan Scott

Ethan Scott New Member

Thanks man. Appreciate it!

9. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory New Member

10. BlueRidgeHorizons

BlueRidgeHorizons New Member

Spend an afternoon on youtube learning the basics.
    The most important thing is to understand that there is not one way to trade stock, there are many strategies.
    Learn the labels applied to each strategy before you spend your first dime. To start out here are two terms or "labels", value trading and momentum trading.

You want to have an objective and a financial goal set in place before you pursue any of these techniques and it sounds like you are starting on the right foot Decide how much you are willing to loose and what you are willing to risk on an individual stock. The market is doing so well right now, there are really some great opportunities to learn from out there.