How Do you Help A Mentor?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Bridget Mallory, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

So my mentor lost a really big deal. I couldn't get a hold of him. He also became really distant with his family. His wife called yesterday asking if I can talk to her husband. We are really close so she's hoping if I can break the wall surrounding him. He was a really good trader and his reputation is really well-established. But after that big lose, I don't know how he can stand up again. Is anyone there have any similar experience? If so, what can I do to help?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Everybody I know took a big hit at least once!

Its part of the reason we become more conservative as we age! :D

If he was a good trader like you say, then he will take some time off to recenter himself and get back into it at his own pace.

Give him the space he needs for now.

3. Stephanie Harmon

Stephanie Harmon New Member

I agree with StockJock-e. Give him some time alone to pick up the pieces. He will eventually get through it. If he doesn't get better, there could be a possibility that he might be suffering from depression. I suggest check out the early signs so it could be prevented.

4. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

He left me a message yesterday telling me that he's already doing a talk therapy. I guess that could really help him dramatically to move on from his losses. And also this article: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/t...s-how-talk-therapy-can-help-you-in-treatment/ said that talk therapies can help someone to overcome depression, anxiety, stress and other mental disorders. So I believe that he is already on the right path.