How Is Your Country's Pandemic Response Effective?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Bridget Mallory, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

In a crisis, it pays to be wealthy. The response of the developed world to the devastation of their economies by coronavirus has been to throw money at the problem. Middle-income countries in the developing world have been able to do less but they still put together. Do you think that the country you live in now handled the crisis successfully?

2. renegadelook

renegadelook Member

Sorry to say this, but I don't think the US government handled this crisis successfully. This crisis has affected a lot of people, including jobs, the stock market, and all. So let's all cooperate and do the best we can to stop the virus from spreading.

#2 renegadelook, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2020
  3. Husker

Husker Member

You do you. I think the current administration did a fine job, the media is terrible and it's nothing more then a political hit job.

4. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

We all have our own opinion, what's important is we do our part and follow all safety protocol to stop the spread of the virus

5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Given the number of American deaths is now in the range of 275K while the number of deaths in China is perhaps around 20K (estimated by quadrupling the public number), calling that a success is a hard sell. Meanwhile, China has largely got COVID under control while the US is setting infection records most days.

You can only redefine "success" so much before it's clear to everyone the redefinitions are complete bullshit.

Personally, I don't think it's possible to control the spread of a pandemic in the west. It is clearly possible to do a much better job and slow the infection rate, though.

Our society is built on our economy. Our only choice is to let the virus circulate through population. The alternative is starvation. So, I'm not sure the Trump response is evil in any way but the lies, reduced testing, and stifled statistics are hardly a measure of success by anyone who values freedom and truth.

T0rm3nted likes this.