how to make actual money

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by dreamofspring22, Dec 10, 2020.

1. dreamofspring22

dreamofspring22 New Member

Can anyone explain how you make money in the stock market trading stock - just not thousands at a time?
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make money without people using scammy technical jargon. I know if you have cash you can just get robinhoodhood or some other application and start trading and I'm trying to find out how
    The only way i know how to do stock is to buy and sell and that way you cant make any money unless you sell the stock at for more than you bought it for

TomB16 likes this.
  2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

You'll need a stock broker, they are the ones who place the order on the exchange -- the exchange being the market where stocks are bought & sold.
    Any broker will do -- Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Robinhood, etc. Robinhood is popular with its phone app, trading on the go nowadays!
    To get money to the broker you will wire money from your bank, so have your bank account number ready. It'll take a couple days for the money to clear (government checks for illegal money laundering etc).
    Once the money shows up at your broker, you are ready to place orders.

3. dreamofspring22

Without a stock broker just doing it myself. I know how to place orders im askings about trading in order to make money daily with one company.

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If you're looking for a plan to get rich quick, you might as well just go put your savings on the roulette wheel. Your odds at knowing nothing, going to a message board, saying "how to makes thousands every day", and finding success will be about the same odds. It sounds like you already know how to buy and sell, so what exactly is the question? If you're trying to "make money every day", buy stocks, sell for more every day.

5. dreamofspring22

Is there a specific way to trade that is different from buying stock everyday? Not looking to get rich quick just trying to figure out how to do this.

6. dreamofspring22

Couldn't find anything with your link. Anymore definite help? everything so far hasn't helped much.

7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

try again. I had to fix them.

8. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

Play the stock market or trade penny stocks: Playing the stock market can yield a significant amount of money if done correctly.
    Take a trading course: Learning how to trade is the most important thing you can do to increase your money-making abilities.