HSM Roll Call & Returning Members Thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

d'oh! i forgot to add @Ciao too! lol my bad hope you not made at me :D ;) not sure how i let that one slip by me :eek:

@Ciao
    [​IMG]

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't see TTT....I do remember Crankndapot, mrweekend, and quite a few others

3. JaysonW

JaysonW Member

JaysonW here, had the icon of Mr. Bounce (I need to find that somewhere). Usually posted regarding REITs and metals miners.
    My heart sank a bit when the old site was gone, but loving this new setup!

4. Tiptopptrader

I like your handle Jayson, welcome to the new improved site

5. Stockaholic

@JaysonW

ah yes, i remember you well from HSM! good to see you here man! :)

i just realized that i had you in my archives this whole entire time haha!

here we are:
    [​IMG]

here is the that mr. bounce avatar you're speaking of ... feel free to save this to your computer and upload as your avatar here on Stockaholics!

welcome back!

[​IMG]

6. Stockaholic

hey @Tiptopptrader do you remember how the old boards looked before it did that big platform switch into huddler back in 2010 i believe it was?

this is what i remember from the old hsm when i first joined it back in 2006 i believe it was-

these are the archives from archive.org:

#106 Stockaholic, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  7. Tiptopptrader

Yes the old vBulletin software brings back fond memories of HSM. A few names I remember from those links as in mouserman, Rock, mjoke, and gambler.

Who's this StockJock-e, guy :D

8. Stockaholic

ah yes, @mouserman -- aka one of hsm's longest standing members ever along with you @Tiptopptrader i don't believe i had ever added him to our returning members list here ... whelp better late than never

[​IMG]

he was with us recently up until the Stockaholics refresh ... not sure what happened with him during the change? anyone heard from him?

9. Stockaholic

here were the top 10 post stats i saved from hsm just before the big refresh into Stockaholics-

whatever happened to Jaz? he was a posting machine from what i remember back in my early days on HSM! ... there's mjoke as well as Quest, and simon, rando, amohedas ... damn i never did manage to make it into the top 10 there but i was inching ever closer (i had like over 10,000 posts on hsm before the refresh haha)

[​IMG]

10. Stockaholic

also i would be terribly remiss if i did not at least make a mention of our good old pal the late Bob Korreck ... for those folks who never got the opportunity to either know or meet Bob, he was a fan favorite on the old HSM ... a great guy with an incredible sense of humor ... and a terrific trader to boot!

Bob K passed away in April of 2011 (i still have Bob's entire passing thread archived here) in what was (for me personally anyway) one of the darkest days ever in my time on HSM ... He will NEVER be forgotten around here... R.I.P. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#110 Stockaholic, Sep 5, 2016
  11. Stockaholic

here was mjoke's profile on hsm btw-
    [​IMG]

anyone remember this guy? :eek:

[​IMG]

another classic hsmer who i haven't heard in eons even when we were still on HSM was wolf! you remember this guy TTT? he was mostly our forex guru from what i remember on the old boards

[​IMG]

12. Stockaholic

last one ... i'm literally doing all of this from a mobile device today! lol

found my whole profile (not just the small post view history)

proof of my post count and join date on HSM :p

[​IMG]

13. Stockaholic

@Tiptopptrader you ready for some more? ... i'm sure you remember these guys right? :D ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and last but not least:

[​IMG]

...and

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whatever happened to chan?

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#113 Stockaholic, Sep 5, 2016
  14. Stockaholic

but above all if there was absolutely one old-timer i could choose , one who i dearly miss the greatest and one who i would love to see back here is.............

*drum roll please* ..............................

^^ for his stupendous market wisdom, and always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who came in his way (in particular myself!!) especially through some of my most trying times that i can recall in my early years of my trading career ... i see he did register a handle here at Stockaholics at the site launch back in April, but he has not signed in since then ... :(

if only i could reach out to him and give him a ring ... and had i saved his contact information which was all lost in my private messaging exchanges with him on HSM (stupid me forgot to save those into archives before the big refresh! d'oh! lol)

perhaps the greatest trader i've ever seen in my life (not kidding!) outside of a select few ... he's in the camp of the @IchiFutures greatness of the world imho

anyway ... lol

whelp ... i'm about to drive back home from my labor day destination now ... catch you guys either later tonight or tomorrow morning! :)

#114 Stockaholic, Sep 5, 2016
  15. JaysonW

JaysonW Member

Thanks, Cy!

Stockaholic likes this.
  16. Stockaholic

looks good @JaysonW ;)

17. Stockaholic

Bump.

I sent out an e-mail this morning to the following old-timers from the old boards who have either not logged in for a very long time or have yet to register their user handle here at Stockaholics. If you guys see this post please log in here to let us know!

The following members are:
    @OldFart
    @rg7803
    @RileyR
    @JRSR
    @cactus
    @bigbull
    @nft2
    @Allegiance
    @Bermudan Option
    @simonyadig
    @neptune
    @DeCoty
    @Frankenstein
    @Accel
    @IchiFutures
    @Venom08
    @rando
    @stock1234
    @Steven_Burt
    @Crankndapot
    @Value543

Really hoping to see all of you guys back in action here very soon! Y'alls have been hugely missed around here!

18. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I seen me! Almost every day sir lol :D

Stockaholic likes this.
  19. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

BTW I gotta agree with you on Rando, that guy was all class man. I also miss Old Fart, Ichi and Venom around here a lot as well, they helped me out many times.

20. Stockaholic

Yeah no doubt @Steven_Burt! I once had @rando's Twitter handle and FB page but sadly I lost them during the whole platform move here into Stockaholics as I had them all saved in PM's from the old boards. Dang. If only I could go back and save those PM's! That was one I'd like to have back! :(

As for the others, yes, they have been very much missed hugely around here. I have been hoping they would eventually make a return here at some point. But, many of them such as @Venom08 have not checked in here for months.

In addition -- shame on me for forgetting who I thought was maybe the hardest working member from the old boards when it came to overall charting & analysis...

@Mark Vierra

Ever since that weird incident he had with another member from the old boards, he has been no wheres to be found. :(

Strangely enough though, I did actually chat with him (albeit briefly) on Twitter a few months back! I was so excited about that since he was making videos from his trading room at the time. I had even asked him to check out the new boards here at Stockaholics. But sadly, I never did get to hear back from him again. Darn.