I was sold a bad bill of goods. Al Gore lied to me about stockaholics.

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Dave Kraayeveld, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Dave Kraayeveld

Dave Kraayeveld Active Member

Wait I post a comment with the sole intent of getting a response. We got people espousing the way they invest and when asked for proof, they say their dog ate their statement. A simple request to give me some evidence of what you have done is like finding where Bush hid all the oil from Iraq. Look either kick me off the island or one of you investors put on a jock and prove to me why your system works. If I gotta call Jack Bauer I will. Maybe you guys should invest in Kleenex.

spindr0 and Rustic1 like this.
  2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Who is espousing and who did you ask and who denied you their personal identifiable information. I don't know why they would refuse. You seem like a perfectly reasonable, balanced, and sane person.

I don't know who manufactures Kleenex butt I learned a long, long, time ago, before I can remember that good stool etiquette demands that brown trout and (_)_) wipes be immediately flushed down the toilet...

...including perhaps those made by Kimberly Clark, KMB. It's on my watch list. Their stock had a COVID-related upthrust but could be undergoing distribution and may eventually get flushed.

Monthly bars:
    upload_2021-3-17_2-34-3.png

#2 Onepoint272, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. gtrudeau88

gtrudeau88 Well-Known Member

I have posted on the topic "all my trades" and have displayed my entire gains and losses up to that last posting. I've also started the topic "my philosophy of investing" and many other posts.

My personal fund is up like 7.3 or 7.4 ytd which for a newbie ain't bad. Was down a bit yesterday so hoping for a better day today.

Onepoint272 and Dave Kraayeveld like this.
  4. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Being a older rust bucket I tend to be set in my ways, however I have learned we must be able to accommodate the winds of change. I reckon I'm stuck in the Haight- Ashbury times. :cool2:

I love my BTC. sometimes its a blast to take a trip and never leave the couch. :D

Screenshot_20210317-063413_Chrome.jpg

Happy investing/trading. Peace. :biggrin:

5. Dave Kraayeveld

Did you say it is on your watch list. So I ask you, what is your philosophy for investing, and what is the last purchase you made using that philosophy. I am not asking what is on your watch list.
    Thank you, I will take a gander.

6. gtrudeau88

While you take a gander please know that I made a lot of mistakes in Dec/Jan that I've learned from. I tried a few $ in reddit driven shorts like AMC(?), AAL,and SLV and lost. I also lost big on OTIC, PEIX, and some others. I kinda settled down now.

My best gainers so far have been KLIC, KMI, CSSEP, ENB, and for a while TRTN.

7. Dave Kraayeveld

Here's a serious question. Is there anyone who hasn't. I like sports analogies. So Yogi Berra once said about stocks, "if you pick more winners than losers you should be ahead on your balance sheet". On a personal note I find the precious metals department full of gloom and doom, yet I purchased SLV last year and made 13.57%. I also lost 28.9% on MAIN. A big winner for me last year was BOEING which dipped to under 100. I just assumed the USA was going to still need planes.

8. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

Martha Stewart has a number of good ways to deal with a gander.
    With the FBI? Not so much.

9. Rustic1

I remember when she got the insider trading wrap.
    She was the cooking sweetheart of America.

10. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

Since you brought up Martha Stewart ;) , when it hit the fan, I was short MSO straddles that had massive implied volatility. I had the good fortune of being assigned early on the calls (they had maybe $1 of time premium remaining). In 30+ years of option trading, that was my first, my last, my everything!

Onepoint272 and Rustic1 like this.
  11. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

Have you considered a more intellectual approach such as Homer Simpson?

12. Dave Kraayeveld

Hey your up that is good. Do you have a rule you always follow?

13. Rustic1

Some of these longtermers could learn a lot from you. You should start a thread about options applied as insurance. My limited experience obviously takes backseat. I'll pretrip if you pilot.

HEDGEHOG. :cool2:

14. Dave Kraayeveld

Who is Homer Simpson? Didn't he play for the Rams?

15. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

No, he played for the Buffalo Bills. He had this obsession about gloves fitting.

Just for the record, my cat puked on my $70 back lit keyboard today. I popped a few keys off in order to swab off the entrée but I couldn't get the letter after F-G-H ...?...K- L back on. So if I start calling anyone a Hackass or Kackass, I'm gonna need you to translate. Bill me later (I'm offering you time and a laugh, hourly).

#15 spindr0, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Onepoint272 likes this.
  16. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

I would do so if the local option population exceeded the number of overweight people is sub Sahara Africa but my gut (no pun intended) senses that the locals are tripping over the next hot pick (AMC, GME, et that guy named al) and they aren't interested in money management. Most optioners and optionettes are into the leverage because they think that it's the FANTEX, where every dumb ass leveraged bet wins (the Fantasy Exchange). But at least we have Dave :lauging::)

17. Dave Kraayeveld

If your being sincere my best friends will chastise you. If your being sarcastic or using feigned sincerity maybe we can text on a regular basis. Remember I am an unemployed comedian. Thanks for the response.

18. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

In order to text, would I need to be able to afford a cell phone?
    (can I have more details about being chastised??? )

19. Dave Kraayeveld

Well I have been quoting the Mama's and the Papa's for years about trying to get a fish on the line near Creeque Alley. You will need Al Gore's internet for that one. So my son who is 46 would tell you that you need to be aware that I never stop talking and that you may never know what he/I is talking about. GME is proof to me that a sign that says wet paint isn't talking about the sign.

20. gtrudeau88

I look to sell should anything get 6-8% below buy price. I consider selling and locking in profit should the gain reach 20-25%. I'll sell only 50% or so if I think there might be some growth room left.

What stocks do I buy? I look for dividend payers since that is how I add to my account. I look for stocks that are below or barely above analyst low price targets. I look for stocks that have very sound fundamentals and am only mildly interested in short term or long term technical analysis.

Let me add that if I have good reason to depart from a rule, I'll consider it. NVAX went way down to $160 or so after I bought at $240. I largely stayed with it because I think the price will ultimately gain once the vaccine candidate gets emergency authorization approval.

#20 gtrudeau88, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Onepoint272 likes this.