INTC - Intel Corporation

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I don't know a lot about Twitter / X or Musk, but a quick Google search indicates that Twitter rarely turned a profit and lost money about 80%+ of the time before Musk bought it. So if it's hemorrhaging money, it isn't the first time by a long shot. The exception to the rule would be: Twitter / X isn't losing money!

Revenue was declining before the buyout, so the biggest loss that could be attributed to Musk is almost certainly in market cap.

TomB16 likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure out if Intel is on track to corporate health or if they are doing the wrong thing, failing, and continuing to do the wrong thing (as almost every company does).

This is just one data point and not necessarily a negative one but, as I understand, Intel will include AI accelerators in every Xeon CPU complex. There could be customers asking for this, but I'm not aware of any. I'm not even aware of Tesla wanting this product. Tesla uses a different infrastructure but perhaps they will come to use Intel CPUs in time.

AMD EPYC will be the same.

I don't understand what is driving this but AMD and Intel are obviously massively incentivized to make customers buy a product they are not asking for. AI virus and trojans are going to be extremely difficult to detect, at least at first, so perhaps American spy crafters are forcing this?

This could be an opportunity for a company like Ampere to take a piece of the data center.

3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Rumours suggest Lunar Lake is delayed and we won't see volume in the channel for a long time.

#183 TomB16, Sep 9, 2024 at 5:18 PM
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2024 at 8:10 PM
  4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Pat Gelsinger claims their 1.8um node is on track with too-good-to-be-true yields. I'm kind of choking on Intel claims but they will rock the world if they can make good and get even remotely close to their claims.

Based on: Lunar Lake = 144mm^2 @ 3um

Assuming Arrow lake comes in at 120mm^2 @ 1.8um (wild guess)

Pat Gelsinger's claimed yield of 0.4 D0 and he said that translates to 75% yield. They would achieve 75% yield if working with die size of 100mm^2.

I believe this process is still a few quarters away so they may have ground their chiplets down to 1 cm^2 or less by then.

Personally, I will not gamble $0.01 on this process and yield claim. I hope it's true but I have zero trust in Intel.