INTC - Intel Corporation

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 4, 2016.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Not interested until they get a real CEO.
    The one they got now has no background in science research; he was just the CFO.
    Company is doing everything wrong, so much that they're getting lapped by AMD and they've failed in 5G so far

Syynik likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Exactly!

So if this is the floor based upon all you said there...

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but based on what @anotherdevilsadvocate said, this is NOT the floor unless they get a new CEO.

4. Kat

Kat Member

Intel is moving in the channel, from its lower boundary. There is no trend, the Ichimoku lines are lined up in an uptrend order, but the price fell below the cloud. Now we are observing the state of the market - flat. Oscillators are oversold. If we buy Intel, we will not stand against the trend. I think it will rise at least to the middle of the channel.
    2018-08-26_192450.png

rg7803 and T0rm3nted like this.
  5. Kat

Kat Member

Well, Intel has already moved up. It moves well to the middle of the channel according to the forecast.
    1.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Earnings tomorrow

7. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Intel Powers to SOX to a New High
    Fri, Oct 25, 2019

Driven by a solid earnings report from Intel (INTC) after the close yesterday, the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index (SOX) is trading at another marginal new all-time high today. After a poor earnings report from Texas Instruments (TXN) on Tuesday, it seemed as though the rally in the semis would be put on hold, but that break didn't last long. Looking at the chart, it's pretty amazing how the index has made multiple new highs over the last six months but still remains less than 1.7% from where it was back in April. Talk about coiling!

[​IMG]

As mentioned, the strength in the SOX today is being driven by a big gain in INTC which is trading up over 6% in reaction to earnings, which would be the stock's best one-day reaction to earnings since January 2018. With today's move, INTC is finally starting to fill the gap from its disastrous earnings report back in April when the stock dove 9%.

[​IMG]

INTC's rally today is also resulting in a golden cross where the stock's 50-day moving average is crossing above the 200-day moving average as both are rising. Since 1990, INTC has only had 15 prior golden crosses with the most recent being more than two years ago in September 2017. In the table below, we summarize how the stock has historically performed following each of its prior golden crosses. Looking at the results, short term performance usually fell victim to profit-taking, but over the longer-term, the stock recovered and rallied. While the average one-week return was a decline of 0.37% (median: -0.69%) with gains less than half of the time, six and twelve months later the stock had double-digit returns with gains nearly three-quarters of the time. More recently, INTC has also had positive returns six and twelve months after each of its last four golden crosses.

[​IMG]

TheSmelloscope likes this.
  8. TheSmelloscope

I've owned a small amount of INTC for about 10 years. Trying to decide if it's currently ripe for holding, buying, or selling.

In hopes of figuring it out, I'll be closely comparing INTC against seven of its peers. I'll post the results here once I'm done.

I welcome your thoughts/advice/critiques as it seems nearly everyone in this thread has more experience and knowledge than me.

Here are the competitors I've chosen for INTC:
    TSM
    NVDA
    AVGO
    TXN
    ASML
    QCOM
    AMD

I'll be evaluating them on the basis of the following:
    Fundamental Value
    Management Effectiveness
    Insider Holdings & Activity
    Recent Industry & Company News
    Dividend Health
    Pro-Analyst Aggregated Ratings
    Social Vibe (i.e.- Stockaholics, Twitter, Reddit, Fool)

Syynik and hipchack like this.
  9. TheSmelloscope

@bigbear0083 - Excellent analysis from October, thank you.

10. TheSmelloscope

I recently compared INTC to peers. Here's the peer group I used: TSM, NVDA, AVGO, TXN, ASML, QCOM, and AMD.

Information technology has been outperforming the S&P recently, and semiconductors have been particularly impressive. This made me skeptical about the future of the industry, but after taking a close look, I'm not seeing any major signs for concern. To me it seems there could still be room for growth.

In particular, INTC, TXN, and NVDA are all looking strong. And TSM seems to be the dominating force outside of the US.

Curious what you think about this industry? Do you think it will continue to outperform the S&P over the next 5 years?

Syynik likes this.
  11. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Dividend Stock Spotlight: Intel (INTC)
    Mon, Dec 30, 2019

Intel (INTC) surged in the first quarter of 2019, but after lowering guidance in its April earnings report, the stock fell 9% the following day with further declines from there. Within a month of its earnings report, the stock had fully erased its YTD gains. INTC bottomed in late May and has been in an uptrend ever since. Along the way, the stock saw an 8.1% pop in response to an earnings triple play and took out resistance around $52.5 in the process. That was not the only notable resistance that has been taken out though. After filling the gap from its April decline, INTC was stuck below its spring highs throughout the fall, but in the past week it has broken out once again. While the stock is pulling back today, and could potentially retest this former resistance level, the current set up for INTC looks attractive.

Valuations for the tech sector have broadly become elevated, especially for INTC's biggest competitor Advanced Mirco Devices (AMD) which trades at around 200 times earnings, but INTC is one of the more reasonably valued amongst its peers. INTC has the eighth-lowest trailing price-earnings ratio, 13.98, of the 70 stocks in the S&P 500 Technology sector and its price-sales and price-book ratios are likewise well below the sector average. Additionally, while not the highest yielder in the sector, INTC's dividend yield is also on the higher side at 2.1% compared to just 1.29% for the sector and 1.82% for the S&P 500.

[​IMG]

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Making up the losses from the other day

Syynik likes this.
  13. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

Long term INTC holder here, sub 21 dollar buyer. I had a frantic friend text me and beg me to get rid of it on Friday.

Looks like the TV people lined INTC along the wall and drew a target on its forehead. I told friend I'll wait until the dust settles to decide if it's time to sell this old thing.

14. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

I believe in Intel as company. After last week, they will have to come up with a new strategy. Intel is not simply going to fold their hand. I don't think this is where Intel closes shop, goes out of business, or gives up. This will trigger changes. If anything, this presents an opportunity for a risk taker to add shares. Or for a slug like me to sit, wait, and watch.

15. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Intel couldn't manufacture it's own 7nm chip. So they place an order for another company to produce 6nm chips. Now Intel is back in the game with an even smaller chip.

Screenshot_2020-07-27-21-54-59_kindlephoto-179190344.png

16. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

17. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

18. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

19. rolexian

rolexian Member

He's not valuing INTC, he is pricing it.

20. Bachelor

Bachelor New Member

mmm, I am in...