InTheMoneyStocks Day Trading/Swing Trading Market Moving Action

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by inthemoneystocks, Apr 5, 2016.

1. inthemoneystocks

inthemoneystocks Well-Known Member

The Mylan $MYL Chart Pattern Suggests Lower Ahead

Mylan NV (NASDAQ:MYL) is a leading developer of branded and generic drugs. The stock has been slumping since peaking in late January 2018 at $46.72 a share. Since that high pivot, the stock has fallen by more than 10.0 points and is now trading at $36.33 a share. The current daily chart pattern is forming a bearish consolidation pattern which indicates lower share prices ahead. Traders and investors should now watch for major support around the $34.50 area. This support level is where MYL broke out in October 2017 and should be defended again when retested.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

2. inthemoneystocks

Major Gold Buy Level Revealed

Gold continues to fall as the U.S. Dollar grinds higher and investors flock to stocks versus the safety of the metal. In addition, it can not be understated how much crypto-currency has taken some of the buyers away from gold. Whatever the reasons, gold continues to tumble, now trading below $1,230/ounce. After analyzing the chart of the gold ETF $GLD, the buy level appears to be $112.50. That signals a drop below $1,200/ounce before the buy becomes a fantastic swing trade play.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

3. inthemoneystocks

Earnings Trades Are Starting To Heat Up! $UAL, $CSX, $MS, $ABT & More In Play

4. inthemoneystocks

Here's The Secret To Avoiding The Biggest Mistake Traders Make

One of the most important reasons why traders take big losses is because they often fail to recognize when a trade has gone wrong. You see, stopping out of a trade is probably the biggest fault of traders and investors. Often, this happens to young and inexperienced traders and investors, but I know many veteran traders and investors that struggle with this as well. Early in my own career I struggled with stopping out of a bad trade myself, so I can sympathize with this problem.

The problem with taking a loss is really two fold. First, the trader has to admit that he is wrong. As you all know, as human beings we all hate to be wrong. The ego simply gets in the way and we all want to always be right all the time. The first secret in this business is to check the ego at the door. The market does not care about your the color of your skin, religion or anything else. It will move in the direction of the money and that is the bottom line. Once a trader or investor goes into what I call 'hope mode' the trade is over. I'm sure everyone has been in this position at one time or another. Simply put there is no room for ego or hope in the stock market. The market is always right and there is no reason to fight it.

Here is the second problem with taking a loss, it hurts. Pain and pleasure are the two reasons why humans do anything at all. As a human being, we are always looking to have pleasure and avoid pain. Well, losing money is painful and many people would rather simply hold a losing equity than lock in a small loss and move on. I cannot tell you how often I see a trader hold a losing trade only to see the position move further out of the money. Many years ago I watched a day trader blow up a $200,000 account in a single day averaging in on a bad day trade. To this day I can remember the look on his face as his money vanished in thin air. Believe it or not, this trader could have exited the position with a $500.00 loss, but instead he kept averaging in and fighting the position until he was wiped out. As a rule, once you have your full position you should never average in on a trade. At that point, it is critical to know where your max loss is going to be and stop out if that level is breached.

Now when should we stop out? The answer to this question is not that simple, but here is what I personally do. I always place my stop loss below an important breakout or pivot on the chart. You see, prior breakout or pivot levels are usually defended when retested. After all, this is usually an area where institutional traders and investors got involved, that is why there is a pivot low or high on the chart to begin with. If that level is breached on a closing basis then I will move out of the position. So If I took a trade based on a daily chart pattern then I will usually check the daily and weekly chart levels. If there is a major pivot on the weekly chart then I will use a week chart close as my stop out level. While this method may not be perfect, it has saved me from much bigger losses when I have been wrong.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

5. inthemoneystocks

Short Trade: CSX Corp $CSX Hits Major Resistance On Earnings Pop

Shares of transportation company CSX Corp (CSX) jumped over 6% on earnings. However, the move took the stock into an upper-band trend line which has continued to cause pullbacks through the last few years. This implies this upside move in CSX Corp will be short lived and swing traders may actually want to short the stock here at $68.75. The downside target calculation signals a move to $60.00 in the coming months.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

6. inthemoneystocks

Earnings Plays Are In Full Force: AXP, IBM, EBAY & More In Play

7. inthemoneystocks

Freeport McMoran $FCX Is Sliding, Where's The Trade?

Freeport McMoran Inc (NYSE:FCX) is a leading mining company that focuses on copper, gold and molybdenum. The stock has been falling sharply since mid-April and is now trading around the $15.87 level. Traders should note that the stock is now trading below the 50-day moving average. This puts the stock in a weak technical position on the daily chart which should signal lower prices ahead. The next major support level for FCX stock will be around the $14.50 area. This level is where the 100-week moving average is currently and it should be support when it is retested.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

8. inthemoneystocks

Take-Two Interactive Software $TTWO Nails Key Short Level

Shares of Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) were trading below $10/share in 2012 and below $25/share in 2015. The current stock price on Take-Two Interactive is $127/share. In January 2018, Take-Two topped and had a sharp pull back to below $95/share (a 25% correction). Since the bottom in April 2018, the stock has moved higher, now hitting the same pivot high from January. This is known as a double top and a solid risk/reward shorting opportunity for swing traders. Look for Take-Two Interactive to fall from this $127 level at least to $110 in the near-term. The longer term (6+ months) could see this stock dive to $80/share. Take-Two is a dead short to smart traders and investors.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

9. inthemoneystocks

Monday Trading Action: HAS, HAL, FCAU, CLF & More...

10. inthemoneystocks

Here Is Where EBAY Gets A Bid

Last week, leading electronic commerce company, ebay inc (NASDAQ:EBAY), dropped sharply after reporting earnings and issuing weaker guidance. Traders should note that the stock actually peaked on February 1, 2018 at $46.99 a share. Since that pivot high in the stock price the shares have plunged and are currently trading a $33.58 a share. EBAY stock is now trading below its important 50 and 200-day moving averages. This chart formation now puts the stock in a weak technical position.

There will be two key support levels for EBAY stock coming up. The first support level will be around the $30.00 area. This is where the 200-week moving average is located. If price comes directly into this moving average it should serve as support when tested. The second major support level f or EBAY stock will be around the $27.50 area. This level is where the stock was defended in November 2016. Often, stocks will find important support when a major pivot area gets retested.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

11. inthemoneystocks

Chart Alert: $APRN...

Fantastic retrace on $APRN. Great technical chart level. Note it below...

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

12. inthemoneystocks

Halliburton Company $HAL Swing Trade Buy Level

Shares of Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL) fell sharply on Monday following their latest earnings and guidance. The stock dropped 8% by lunchtime. Just since May, Halliburton is down from $55 to $41.50. This epic fall has come to pass while oil trades near multi-year highs. This is extremely bearish price action. Based on technical analysis, the stock could fall all the way to $38.30 (double bottom) before finding major swing trade buy support. This is where most big-time pros will be looking to buy for a technical bounce.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

13. inthemoneystocks

Trade Setups: Technical Charting For Only Top Traders

14. inthemoneystocks

Stock Action Is Everywhere! GOOGL, WHR, LMT, BIIB & More In Play

15. inthemoneystocks

Automobile Earnings On Tap, Watch These Trade Levels $GM

Tomorrow is a big day for the automobile stocks. Leading auto stocks such as General Motors Co (NYSE:GM), Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F) and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) are all scheduled to report earnings tomorrow. General Motors Co (NYSE:GM) is going to be on my radar if the stock declines. Traders should watch the $35.00 area if the stock falls sharply after the announcement. This level is where the stock was defended in March 2018 and should be excellent support if retested.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

16. inthemoneystocks

Whirlpool Corp $WHR Crashing, See Where It Will Bounce Here

Shares of Whirlpool Corp (WHR) are crashing hard after reporting lackluster earnings results. The stock is cratering 14% today, trading just south of $130.00. Technical traders and smart money are eyeing the major support pivot of $120.00 as a bounce level for Whirlpool Corp. This is a swing trade with an easy 10% snap back written all over it.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks

17. inthemoneystocks

Earnings Galore, Now Trade it! BA, GM, FCAU & TXN In Play

18. inthemoneystocks

Trade wars fears are starting to finally creep in. This will create great long side opportunities in $GM, $FCAU and so much more. Be patient and wait for the levels to be hit. The technicals (charts) will deliver - Nick

19. inthemoneystocks

Toll Brothers Inc $TOL Is Testing Key Support, But This Level Is Better

Leading home builder, Toll Brothers Inc (NYSE:TOL), has been steadily declining since January 2018 when it traded as high as $52.73 a share. Since that high pivot, TOL stock has steadily fallen lower. Today, TOL stock is trading at $34.93 a share. Despite the stock being severely oversold and holding a major retrace level there is very little optimism for the shares to move higher from here. Many investors believe that higher interest rates will hurt the home-builder stocks going forward. Traders and investors should now watch the $30.00 area as the next major support level. This area is where the stock broke out in December 2016. Often, when a stock retests a major break-out area it will be defended by the institutional money.

[​IMG]

Nicholas Santiago
    InTheMoneyStocks

20. inthemoneystocks

Fiat Chrysler Autos $FCAU Will Fall To This Target Before Bottoming

Shares of Fiat Chrysler Autos (FCAU) are collapsing today after profit slides sharply lower. The technical chart signals a drop in price to the $11.50 before making a significant long-term bottom.

[​IMG]

Gareth Soloway
    InTheMoneyStocks