Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. EuroStocks

EuroStocks New Member

Hi @all,

glad to be here. I'm a long term Investor and as you can possibly imagine I'm from good old Europe ;-)

OldFart likes this.
  2. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Welcome aboard! Curious where in Europe do you live?

3. EuroStocks

EuroStocks New Member

Kingdom of Angela Merkel, Germany

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Welcome to Stockaholics, @EuroStocks! Good to have ya man. :)

EuroStocks likes this.
  5. James Cochrane

James Cochrane New Member

My name is Jim. I am an experienced investor/trader in stocks and options. I am building out my financial website (Financial Markets Education) and will be looking for concepts and ideas to write about. The goal is for the website to help investors learn about the financial markets.

I used to trade shorter term, but after reading about Warren Buffett's bet with Wall Street (where he won by a landslide) it made me realize that taking a longer approach wins out for most people most of the time. The odds are in our favor when we adopt a long term approach. Still, for my website, I will be exploring multiple styles of investing and will write about stories of people who were successful in those styles.

This seems like a promising board to exchange ideas and to generate new ones.
    Best Regards,
    Jim

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

James Cochrane likes this.
  7. Diego armando Soto

Diego armando Soto New Member

Hey Guys, I'm Diego Soto. I'm currently a university student looking to get an early hand on investing (Long and short term). I have some knowledge but would love to expand it! Thank you guys and hope y'all are having a great day.

OldFart likes this.
  8. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

9. Wren

Wren New Member

Hi guys, I’m Wren and I’m dirt poor, newlywed and saddled with a debt that’s not my own. I’m thick as a brick and work a terrible job but I have always been intrigued by the stockmarket. I will also note that I am completely new to it and don’t know what to look out for so I’m likely to ask many dumb questions. That being said I hope to learn everything stock related and use it as a constructive hobby. I do want to make money from this both short and long term but I don’t harbor any false hopes. I hope to get to know everyone soon.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. ElectricSavant

ElectricSavant Active Member

Lightbulb.png Hello There

#50 ElectricSavant, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

12. Griff

Griff New Member

What's up, I'm Griff. I am 17 years old and am hoping to get into long-term investing. I have been researching for a while, but have only just now begun to research fundamental analysis and take notes. I used to spend my "research" time watching videos on YouTube, but that will only get you so far. I am set to attend The Citadel next month and afterwards commission as an officer in the Army. The plan is to retire after 20 or so years, and letting my stocks build up throughout that time. Then possibly sell all my growth stocks and invest in dividends since I am then retired, and would like to use the money? I don't know. I am quite unsure and am not very confident in my investing skills. I've been saying I will invest but I always feel like I lack the knowledge, even though I continually learn. There are so many strategies that I don't know which one I want to take. Hopefully Stockaholics can help me.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome @Griff! Hope to see you around. You seem level-headed, so I’m sure your goals are achievable

Griff likes this.
  14. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Member

Hello and thank you for the add! My name is Bob Ross and I am from Wyoming. I work full time as an operator in an oil refinery, so I would like to say my trading is part time.

My main goal is to Grow my account by taking little gains or big gains if they come around. I am fairly new to trading, but would like to learn more and I think it is very interesting.

T0rm3nted and OldFart like this.
  15. OldFart

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

17. OldFart

18. Mark**

Mark** New Member

Hi I just joined this forum, the only investing forum I am in. I have been investing for many years
    but at first only with a few stocks like ATT. Now I have a modest portfolio. I am a cautious
    investor, so I miss out sometimes and also hold some stocks too long in NYSE and NASDAQ.
    I confess that I don't understand all the jargon and acronyms.

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

20. lostsoul3

lostsoul3 New Member

Hi all,
    I am a new member here. I just found this site this morning. I am here to learn more about the market, gain more ideas and strategies and of course make a little bit of money. I started reading some post and i really like how friendly and helpful they are.

Looking forward to being part of this site.

Thank you all!

Garry