Investing in crypto assets as a stock investor?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Noel, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Noel

Noel New Member

What do you guys think is the main difficulty/problem for a stock investors to be successful in the crypto market?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its pretty much the same thing if you stick to the large caps.

Once you get down to the 20th and below in terms of market cap, its like penny stocks.

Volatility is a big issue, also no circuit breakers and nobody is going to shut down the exchange during a crash to prevent panic selling.

Noel likes this.
  3. Stockman2015

Stockman2015 New Member

It's mostly the same, I stopped investing in stocks and focused on crypto when ICO became hot. The volatile market, but this is just my personal opinion, I think you can study stocks more compared to crypto. I mean if you invest in companies that are well known you would know personally if they are doing well. There are also other ways like patterns, etc that are or not that I am aware of, available, or used on crypto. I just recently got back into stocks after I found out about BTCS and now I invest in both crypto and stocks.

4. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Agreed. Seems much the same just much more volatile than the average stock. and the future much more uncertain.

5. Stonksalltheway

Stonksalltheway New Member

Looking into crypto is good, it diversifies my portfolio combining different stocks and cryptocurrencies.

6. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

I am going to diversify my crypto holdings a bit on Monday. Putting a small amount into ETH and maybe some titty bills into a couple other small ones.

7. wandaruth

wandaruth New Member

Crypto won't replace it any time soon.

8. Brackwom

Brackwom New Member

The main difficulty for stock investors is having limited capital available to invest or lack of regulations.

9. Lex_Luger

Lex_Luger New Member

I view it as another asset to hold - similar to real estate, bonds, equities, etc. - As long as you understand the risks then I think you should hold a bit as part of an overall diversified investment portfolio

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The younger generation are quick to adopt new assets which dont fit the old standards

I was just saying in another thread how Warren Buffett did not like internet stocks because they were new and weird back in the late 90's.

In that particular case he was not wrong because there was the dotcom bubble which burst, and he picked up some good deals when that happened.