It's been awhile...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Journeyman98, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Journeyman98

Journeyman98 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm Journeyman98, aka Dennis. I've traded off and on for over 12 years now. I had one unicorn run with DRYS and a couple of large gains with a few others, but mostly was paying my tuition for the market. I was an active member back when this site was called hotstockmarket.com (man I miss that format), but have wanted to get back. Thought I give this site a try again and maybe be a better contributor.

OldFart likes this.
  2. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

i remember you or should i say, your name and reading some of your posts so welcome back!! Very different here - more low key but no pumpers/bashers or egotistical/nasty people :)

3. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

Welcome back. You go way back.

As @fireopal suggested, the place has changed.
    You wont find the old heavy hitters like amohedas, Chan, etc. But there are some good members worth reading their posts since they've crafted their own trading style; @Onepoint272 is on of them.

I, for one, will not post much more. There is not much to share other than what I've posted in recent weeks.

Besides, I've always viewed HotStockMarket/Stockaholics as a second home. But when they deleted all the threads of the old board which had insightful information, I won't lie, it was a blow and actually sidelined me from posting. I am not taking chances; I am actually storing some of my posts in case they get deleted again for future reference. I understand they wanted a refresher, but leaving some of the more noteworthy threads of the old board and incorporating them in the new format make sense if one of the goals was to attract new fish.

In any case, good to see an old face. I'll be following your posts.

Journeyman98 and OldFart like this.
  4. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Journeyman98 likes this.
  5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

wow! it's great to see you back @Journeyman98 shit i remember you from waaaaay back. .. i think i was just in my first or second year on HSM at the time :p

i was looking through some of my old HSM archives and could have sworn that i had your profile stored somewhere ... but i guess not. dang it.

anyway, as david said this board is very different from the HSM era that you were used to.

many of the old timers like @rando and @Chan are gone.

we have a lot of newer folks who have made this site what it is today and we are very grateful for that.

it's a lot more low key around here as @fireopal said.

hopefully that doesn't turn you away from posting here though.

i totally hear that bb. admittedly, i too was sad to see the old threads and posts go when we moved into this site. :(

but i wasn't going to let that stop us from building out this community with the newer members who have really helped tremendously get this place off the ground. it was either start on a clean slate or no site at all. gladly took the clean start.

it's so awesome to see originals like you, @Journeyman98 and @fireopal back at again. feels like old times again. ;)

Journeyman98 likes this.