Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Lightbridge Corporation (LTBR)

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Dan Thunderbolt, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Bem14

Bem14 New Member

Dan,

what you make of the reverse stock split coming?

2. Bem14

Bem14 New Member

3. Dan Thunderbolt

Dan Thunderbolt Active Member

I sold part of my position today. Maybe I am wrong but I do not like the reverse stock split.

4. Bem14

Bem14 New Member

What about it is particularly unnerving? I know they mentioned this as a possibility at their last Shareholders meeting, and there has been some good news come out in recent days. Do you think this indicates a no go situation on a lead test agreement?

5. Dan Thunderbolt

I do not think that is the case. However, I am not sure how the stock will react to the reverse stock split. If they sign the deal with the utitliy soon than the stock price will go up imo. But I do not know when that will happen...

6. Bem14

Bem14 New Member

Dan,

what you thinking now that stock reverse split is done? Wait and see? Also, did Lightbridge issue more shares concurrent with the split? If so, what does that mean in terms of strategy?

thanks

7. Dan Thunderbolt

Difficult to say right now. The market cap looks pretty low. With the right news LTBR can move fast.

At some point they will do further dilution. They did not issue more shares yet. The share price depends imo on the long awaited contract with the utility and when this is finalized (and of course the details of the contract).

I have been speculating for over a year that this will happen rather soon, but it did not...

8. Dan Thunderbolt

Bought back into LTBR recently. The current market cap of $13 million is well below their cash of $20.6 million at the end of 3Q.

According to NuScale Power the Ligthbridge technology is the most promising.

Discussion with Jay Surina | NuScale Power, LLC
    Ligthbridge Fuel is mentioned around 13.50 min of the interview.

9. Dan Thunderbolt

10. Dan Thunderbolt

Discussion with Seth Grae | Lightbridge Corp.
    06 December 2019

11. Dan Thunderbolt

Based on the interview I believe we may learn more in the coming weeks regarding the possible cooperation with US Government subsidiaries. If that works out, the share price will go uphill in my opinion. The current market cap of $13 million is well below their cash of $20.6 million at the end of 3Q. I am confident that this will go up sooner than later...

Furthermore, there are in my opinion two additional catalysts for a possible rising share price (excerpts from the last conference call):

- "We are also working towards finalizing a definitive agreement with NuScale Power, which we believe will help optimize their advanced nuclear reactor design. We plan to develop research and testing programs in order to explore the application of our nuclear fuel technology, which is well suited for NuScales, natural circulation design in its small modular reactor. Our advanced fuel design is expected to increase core performance, extend core life, reduce the frequency of refueling outages and offer a reduced levelized cost of electricity."
    - "we also expect to start in the coming weeks some work on a consulting project with a nuclear regulatory authority overseas that will bring in some revenue."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-ltbr-earnings-conference-170919676.html