MIND Technology (MIND)

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Dan Thunderbolt, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Dan Thunderbolt

Dan Thunderbolt Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting smallcap sonar maritime defense play. Don't know why it dropped today (maybe private placement upcoming but who knows).

The company has recently completed a rebranding process and strategic changes. The Klein sonar products are considered by many to be the “gold standard” in sidescan sonar. Market Cap is very low considering the potetnial imo. I think it has great potentail the next 1-3 years. I do not have a position currently (but if I would have cash available I would strongly consider at these levels).

MIND TECHNOLOGY provides technology to the oceanographic, hydrographic, defense, seismic and security industries. Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, MIND has a global presence with key operating locations in the United States, Singapore, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom.
    https://ir.mind-technology.com/events-and-presentations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dan Thunderbolt

A few months ago I did some dd on this one. Current Market Cap is very low imo considering the potential. below are some interesting excerpts I had noted down from a conference call in September.

MIND Technology (MIND) on Q2 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
    Sep. 15, 2020
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

As you know, after receiving shareholder approval, we completed our reincorporation and rebranding last month formalizing changes to both our domicile and name. This change represents a major step in establishing a fresh and revitalized new identity for the company that more fully underscores our tremendous technological capabilities in the marine industry. It also represents a departure from our traditional seismic leasing business, which we have decided to exit entirely. We believe it also provides additional financing flexibility to enable us to navigate these uncertain times and pursue our growth objectives.

MIND’s capital structure is debt free and liquidity remains solid. At the end of the quarter, we had over $22 million of working capital that included cash and cash equivalents of about $2.6 million. As we’ve touched on before, our capital and cost structures are well suited to handle the continuing uncertainty of this environment. With no debt, we are free of the strictures and financial obligations of restricted covenants, which gives us significantly more flexibility and enhances the viability of the business should challenging conditions persist for an extended period of time. With our near term plans to monetize our leasing business as well as flexible cost structure, we are well positioned to navigate this environment and position ourselves for the eventual recovery.

As an example, I’d like to highlight our latest effort to serve our customers and develop better and more cost efficient solutions to address market needs, that being the recently announced agreement with a major European defense contractor to jointly bring to market the next generation of synthetic aperture sonar systems, or SASS, for both commercial and military markets. This contractor has a recognized expertise in marine acoustic technology and the alliance will employ technologies previously developed by both parties. We believe that by combining the strength of our respective products, this will yield new and innovative solutions that better address the needs of the marine market for higher resolution imaging.

For instance, there has been a good deal of activity with demonstrations of our Max and Micromax sonar technology to various groups in the U.S. Navy.

3. Dan Thunderbolt

Explore the Vast Sea of Possibilities with a Long Position in MIND Technology (MIND) Stock
    December 20, 2020
    https://stockpence.com/stock-news-2...-long-position-in-mind-technology-mind-stock/

The Bottom Line
    So, when will MIND stock have its next 10X moon shot? Without trying to narrow it down to an exact day, let’s just say that an upcoming surge of demand for MIND Technologies’ first-to-market maritime products – and an equally impressive surge in the company’s share price – could be just around the corner.

4. Dan Thunderbolt

Bought a first position here today. I think this company provides good value for money imo. Below are some possible near term catalysts.

MIND Technology, Inc. (MIND) Q1 2022 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
    Jun. 03, 2021
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...mind-q1-2022-results-earnings-call-transcript

“we also expect two relatively significant orders in the coming weeks, totaling more than $5 million.”
    “Yes, one is governmental and one is commercial. And I really can’t see much more about that since they are still pending.”

Question:
    With your European partner, just discuss where you are in that time line with the product rollout, marketing, naming, just a little flavor on where you stand with your European partner?
    Answer:
    Yes. Starting late August, but later this year.

5. Dan Thunderbolt

6. Dan Thunderbolt

:thumbsup:

MIND Technology Announces New Orders Added to Backlog

Jul 19, 2021 at 7:00 AM EDT

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, July 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MIND Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIND) ("MIND" or "the Company") today announced that its Seamap unit has received new orders totaling approximately $4.1 million for source controller and GNSS positioning systems. Deliveries of the related products are expected to occur in the third and fourth quarters of the current fiscal year.

Guy Malden, MIND Co-CEO, commented, "We are pleased to add these orders to our backlog as demand in the marine exploration market remains positive, particularly for our marine source controller systems. We expect further order activity in this area as the year progresses."

https://ir.mind-technology.com/news...technology-announces-new-orders-added-backlog

#6 Dan Thunderbolt, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  7. Dan Thunderbolt

Bought a few shares of MIND today and plan to hold it until next weeks earnings results or a few weeks longer. I hope they anounce some new contracts with the positive earnings results on 8 December. Furthermore I expect some positive news in the coming weeks concerning the development of next generation of synthetic aperture sonar systems for commercial and military markets developed in agreement with a major European defense contractor.

Q2 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
    Despite some supply chain related challenges, we remain on track with development of our synthetic aperture sonar system in cooperation with our European defense contractor partner and expect first deliveries later this year.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...mind-q2-2022-results-earnings-call-transcript

MIND Technology Provides Operational Update
    Nov 22, 2021
    https://ir.mind-technology.com/news...s/mind-technology-provides-operational-update

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Nov. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MIND Technology, Inc. ("MIND" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: MIND) announced today that, based on preliminary results, it expects to report revenue from the sale of marine technology products for the quarter ended October 31, 2021 of approximately $8.3 million. This represents a sequential increase of approximately 23% over the second quarter of the current fiscal year and approximately 28% over the third quarter of the previous year. Additionally, the Company expects to report a backlog as of October 31, 2021 of approximately $10.0 million.

Rob Capps, President and CEO commented, "We are pleased to see that the expected ramp in operations and activity is starting to materialize. As evidenced by the increase in revenues and the strong backlog, we are experiencing an uptick in orders and proposal activity. Our backlog includes orders for commercial sonar and source controller products, but also sonar systems for military applications, including mine counter measure missions. Based on inquiries and active discussions with customers, we expect further activity in all of these segments in the coming weeks.

"As previously disclosed, we recently completed an underwritten offering of our 9% Series A Cumulative Preferred Stock," added Capps. "This transaction has provided us with net proceeds of about $9.5 million, after underwriter discounts and other costs. These funds, along with anticipated further proceeds from the liquidation of our land leasing assets, provide us with significant liquidity. We believe this puts us in a strong position to execute on the expected increase in activity and to take advantage of any other opportunities that may present themselves in coming months."

MIND also announced today that it will release financial results for its fiscal 2022 third quarter after the market closes on Wednesday, December 8, 2021. In conjunction with the release, the Company has scheduled a conference call, which will be broadcast live over the Internet, for Thursday, December 9th at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time / 8:00 a.m. Central Time.

8. Dan Thunderbolt

:)

MIND TECHNOLOGY ENTERS INTO COOPERATIVE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH US NAVY
    Dec 13, 2021 at 4:15 PM EST

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Dec. 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MIND Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIND) ("MIND" or the "Company") is pleased to announce today that it has entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement ("CRADA") with the United States Navy's Naval Surface Warfare Center, Panama City Division (NSWC PCD).

The CRADA, titled, "Advanced Mine Finding," will allow scientists and engineers from MIND and the US Navy to collaborate on optimizing the next generation of mine-hunting sonar systems to ensure that they fit the needs of the warfighter.

Commenting on the agreement, MIND's Chief Technology Officer, Andy Meecham, stated, "Through our subsidiary, Klein Marine Systems, MIND has a long history of supporting the US Navy. I'm thrilled that this CRADA will allow us to leverage the expertise of the scientists and engineers at NSWC PCD to provide innovative solutions to the warfighter, now and into the future. This agreement demonstrates our corporate focus on innovation and new technology, which has delivered game-changing capabilities such as our unique full-swath MA-X™ sonars, will continue to define the gold standard in underwater sensing."

https://ir.mind-technology.com/news...y-enters-cooperative-research-and-development