Mining Stocks

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by Ellford, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ellford

Ellford New Member

Some interesting mining stocks to keep an eye on and no - I'm not currently in any of these, but I'm seriously looking into 2 of them.

CLB.V - Colombia Crest Gold - this one has been bouncing between .02 and .03 and I think it's a day trader company based on some of the volumes I've been seeing without any news announcements. I'd say it's a high-risk investment as I don't see any "tangible" updates to the company for a while, yet the share prices and volume are all over. That said, if you get in at .02 and out at .03, it's a 50% profit.

VAL.V - ValGold Resources - bounces between .04 and .05 with no news and lots of volume. Another high risk, high reward investments showing up on my screener.

AXM.V - AXMIN Inc - this is one I really like as it showed up on my screener at .04 and it's been screaming up to .07 and .08 since then. Only concern I have for this one is they mine in Africa in areas of significant political unrest.

CUC.V - Carube Copper - I think this is one of the "legitimate" venture stocks that you want to watch and hang onto for a bit. They have 2 mines in Canada and 1 in Jamaica. It's showing good volume and great trading potential. It showed up on my screener last month at .13/share then it spiked to .18 and back down to .14

REX.V - Orex Minerals - I mentioned this one in a previous post on CDN mining stocks and it's a good one. Lots of volume and it's been on a tear as of late, going up over 200% and climbing.

2. Epicram

Epicram Member

I agree with the above post, these mining stocks are profitable to invest.

3. homosapienfromterra

homosapienfromterra Active Member

It is sometimes all about timing these stocks were all on the way down at the time of the original post and went down even further. Some of them are very low volume and it is worth checking what the spread is (difference between buy and sell) before buying stocks like this. If the difference is 5 % you will be straight away 5% down, so if the stock is trading nearly flat you could be in for months before even showing a profit.