Moral Issue with Biotech

Discussion in 'Investing' started by User2897, Jan 21, 2017.

1. User2897

User2897 Member

It turns out that pulm had a 25% gain. If they do develop a drug to treat cystic fibrosis and charge an insane amount, I will not only make my money back, but make a profit. Is it just for families who have children with cystic fibrosis to pay an insane amount so I can make money?

I have been reading on how Questcor was able to make a monopoly out of the drug acthar and make a fortune. (hundreds of millions of dollars) Each vial costs $28,000.

Since there is no cure for cystic fibrosis, Pulmatrix will be able to charge whatever they want.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Okay, so here is something else to depress you. Members of Congress are not disallowed by law to practice insider trading. It seems that it is very lucrative to be on the right committees, and to have access to those FDA contacts. Many on both sides of the aisle have been exposed for trading stock or options in these pharmas at just the right time. It is not likely any reform will come soon unless Trump can truly do what he said and drain the swamp.