More frustrations with politics

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Gray Wolf, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

You did not hijack my thread :D This is the kind of discussion I was starting. And yes Gil, I know politics are touchy sometimes but I do not think it is too much to expect users to voice opinions without sinking to personal attacks on the other users of this forum. So far so good :cool:
    I like others in here consider myself an Independent. I absolutely hate this Democrat vs Republican thing. While I tend to lean more towards progressive I am most definitely conservative in a lot of my views. I'd love to figure out a way that a movement could get started to target anyone running for re-election to vote them out if they have no history of casting votes for both parties. This rigid sticking to party platforms shows a complete disregard for representing what might be best for all Americans. That's my real soapbox. While I am worried about Trump and his method of governing, he is our President and I certainly do not want him to fail. The only way to fix what is wrong right now is to recognize that it is probably more the fault of congress and their party politics than it is Trump's.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Overall I'm pleased w President Trump's first days in office, not a big political man rather dispise the way our government is operated. I consider myself a independent, could care less which party, but rather the ones that deliver the best results. Thoughts???