My Horrible Luck Continues- Job pulled halfway Through first day...

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ddebrazza, Jul 27, 2021.

1. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Well, after being unemployed for the last 2-3 months I was very excited to start a new position with a promising company.

I wen through the hiring process and received multiple welcome emails from HR that my background was clear and that I was hired. They sent me contracts to sign, I signed and returned. I completed Orientation and completed all of their On-boarding including tax forms and payroll. I was told to report on Monday, July 26th at 8am for my first day of work.

I report on Monday, July 26th as scheduled and have a great day working. I meet with HR in the morning to go over policies and then get to hands-on training. The day goes great.

On my way home I get a phone call from HR informing me that they found something in my background check and was terminated.....

Oh and they contacted the police and filed an injunction against harassment, which forbids me from contacting any employees via phone, text, or even social media. So basically they have forced me to be silent as well... I have no ability to even protest what they have done and the damage of their negligence. I had moved my family to a new apartment on the other side of town on the basis of this job. (my new place is 2 miles from where I was set to work). I am not even allowed to be NEAR the property.

They told the police that I was never hired and that I had no right to even be on the premises, and that I was upset because I wasnt hired. Crazy.

So yeah... I feel a little fucked right now...

2. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

/rant

It just seems like I keep getting fucked, one thing after the other. I dont feel like I am ever going to catch a break.

The day after I sell off 50% of my crypto, the crypto markets rebound. BTC flirting with 40k$ again. Probably cost myself a hundred bucks.

Time for me to reset. Sit on the sidelines and watch. Try to find a job and get back on my feet. Just sucks having the carpet pulled from underneath you. I had some bullshit happen with my previous job as well a couple months ago over medical marijuana. It's just one thing after the other. Just when things start to rebound and feel like I can get back on my feet, someone pops up and says NAHHHHHH dude.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

well fuck. Thats bad!

But one door closes, another opens.

Dont worry about crypto or the markets, they will always be there.

Are you eligible for any kind of unemployment?

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear about your continued misfortune. Hopefully the you'll find a better job soon!

5. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

That's been the last 3 years for me, as well. All my plans went right down the drain and it was one thing after another after another after another, 99% of the crap was stuff I had absolutely no control over.

Relax, breathe, and remember this: NOTHING LASTS FOREVER.

6. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Thanks guys

No, I am not and have not been eligible for unemployment since March when I was last employed. So the last 4 months have been with 0 income. And now this bullshit is a major setback. It will be at least a few weeks to find another job, then another few weeks to get hired/ on-boarded, then a couple weeks to see a paycheck. I am going to be homeless, for sure.

I really feel like I should be able to sue them for the negligence of their Human Resource's Department. They sent me numerous emails informing me the background check had been completed and that I was hired. I think a judge would see it to award me SOME sort of damages for the loss wages at minimum. I also moved to a new apartment the week prior on the basis of this job, my new apartment is 2 miles from where this job is....

Just bullshit after bullshit. I cant seem to catch a break.

7. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

I have 3 interviews tomorrow so hopefully something pans out there. Regardless I am still looking at at least a few weeks, maybe an entire month before I see my first full paycheck.

I am interested in what some of you all think but I think I should at a minimum be able to sue them for wages owed. For at least 4-8 weeks. This was 100% an error on their HR department.

I was emailed from 2 different HR reps and informed that the background check and hiring process what complete and that I had been hired. Like I said earlier, I even worked the first day.

They completely committed perjury in their statement to the police. They told the police that I was not hired and my reaction was because I was turned down for employment and that I showed up Monday morning "uninvited," when fact is that I was hired and instructed to report Monday at 8am to work.

Just crazy. I just seem to keep getting fucked.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Ya, based on everything you said, that does not seem right. I'd imagine the right judge would see it your way and award you some damages. You would need written evidence as well as timelines on when you looked at the new apartment and signed the lease in relation to when your interviews and new job were set to start in order for that to be tied to it.

Might cost you more than you'd get back though, I have no idea.

Syynik likes this.
  9. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

In the old days we could make mistakes, cuss, have an occasional bad attitude, bad outlook, and get away with it. It would be fleeting, forgotten. Now days with social media, recorded texts and phone conversations, omnipresent surveillance, mistakes are forever, there is no forgiveness. We've built for ourselves a cage of forced compliance to some sort of a societal norm

10. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Mass observeillance.
    Secrets cannot be erased.
    Prisoners to the emptiness of time, and one day the time will come when your actions are not in favor.

11. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Luckily, I found some telemarketing job that I can start on Monday so I at least have some income coming in. I definitely got fucked but I am thinking it will likely be more hassle than it is worth. That is what is wrong with our legal system, it really is not accessible to the people.

Like this company was able to get an emergency junction imposed by a judge, based on false information, that requires me to surrender my 2nd amendment rights. That is fucking scary.

At this point I am just sick of dealing with the courts and judges. It is all corrupt.