New member to Stockaholics but a long time lurker

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dwilliamst7, Jun 3, 2017.

1. dwilliamst7

dwilliamst7 Member

Howdy there!

I figured I would start up my own intro thread here as well.

So I am totally new to the trading community here but as stated in my thread title I have been a long lurker of this forum dating back to when this site was formerly known as HotStockMarket.

I am more of a reader than poster so that may explain why I've been so reluctant to sign up a name here.

I think this is a pretty amazing community you guys have had going here. Good group of traders with lots of great knowledge. Everyone seems very welcoming and willing to help anyone in need which you don't find on many other trading communities like these.

I am particularly impressed with @bigbear0083's work here. His weekly market discussion threads are some of the most amazing threads I have personally ever seen on any trading forum like this.

I posted a thank you on his thread for this week but I was a little surprised to see the lack of appreciation from other members on this forum for the work that he puts in daily & weekly.

Anyway I think they are amazing and although I mainly like to read other people's posts I thought I had to finally come out of the dark and let everyone know, especially @bigbear0083 that I'm a big fan of his hard work and dedication.

Not sure how he manages to do it all.

I'm a member of a few other forum communities like this one and I've honestly never seen anymore who puts in as much of their time and effort into a forum quite like him.

Hope to be an active contributor here soon. Really love reading everyone's posts. It's a very high quality community unlike the ones I've been apart of.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome!

Bigbear is going to be grinning to hear about how his greatness has spread to all corners of the net! :D

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Agreed

Although, I haven't been on any other stock market sites, so I have nothing to compare this site too... Good to know I picked the best one!

Welcome from another newbie

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

and a welcome aboard from me as well...

wow are you @bigbear0083 brother-relative :rolleyes::D:D:D

5. dwilliamst7

dwilliamst7 Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Hi @Ciao (Sheppy)

No we are definitely not related. I have however been following this site since around 2015 and I have always been astonished at the dedication and consistency he brings to this forum each day.

I thought the least I could do was give him a little kudos for his hard work is all.

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

:D:D:D
    as you introduce yourself maybe I would have like to read more about yourself (trade-strategy-experience etc..) rather then tell me what to do .....we all know how much he put into this forum.... personally I thanks him privately (PM)

any way looking foreword to learn something about you ... see you around
    take care :)

7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forefront :D Look forward to your contributions when you can. Check out our live chat when you have time. It is open 24/7 but most active during market hours. There are some in there from around the world though (especially EU) so you could find someone anytime.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just wanted to chime in as well. Cy has done a great job staying active on here and promoting a lot of conversation and competition around here. This place definitely wouldn't be the same without him. Also, I noticed he didn't like a few posts in here, so my guess is he might not have seen this thread. Tagging him again to make sure he sees that we all appreciate his hard work! @bigbear0083