newbie question on trading

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by FOCU$ED, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

@FOCU$ED, what @T0rm3nted said here actually IS realistic. I was T0rm3nted 25 years ago, managed to retire from a 9-to-5 a couple years ago at age 50 on the strength of my accumulated savings and investments. I began investing/trading in the late 1980s, thrived during and then survived dotcom and housing bubbles, and really consider my first 25 (yes, TWENTY FIVE) years as a "trader" as an apprenticeship. Markets are always changing, and it pays to stay humble, keep an open mind, keep learning. A LOT of the learning is not necessarily about chart patterns or stock behavior (remember, markets are always changing...they always have the capacity to surprise). You'll find much of your apprenticeship learning will be about yourself, especially your comfort levels with uncertainty and having adequate information, and accommodating emotion in your decision-making.

It's a rewarding journey, and it will also severely try your patience and, from time to time, shake you to the core of your being. Good luck!

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations on the early retirement, and good luck in the future. Thanks for the encouraging post!

Three Eyes likes this.
  3. FOCU$ED

FOCU$ED New Member

thank you for taking your time to give me your insight. I'm 34 and I know life is flying and I see family getting older so I know i have to appreciate these times right now. I recently had an apifany if you may, I see setting my self up for my later future is very important including healthy choices if been recently making. I know only 1 other person that got into trading everyone else don't want it so it's like I found a magic wand that I have to learn to use to set my future up.