Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

NFLX - Netflix

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by bigbear0083, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Brandon Lanclos

Anybody buying here?

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

It's definitely tempting. I prefer some more clearly defined support though, and, I don't see that until $250 so this would probably be a pass for me. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go up though.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I agree, if this gets around $250 I think its a serious deal.

4. Elliottwave-Forecast.com

Hello fellow traders, In this blog, we will have a look at some short-term Elliott Wave charts of Netflix which we presented to our members in the past. You see the 1-hour updated chart presented to our clients on the 12/12/18.

Netflix ended the cycle from 12/03/18 peak in black wave ((W)) at 12/10/18 low (260.22). Above from there, we expected a bounce to occur in black wave ((X)). The bounce unfolded in an Elliott Wave double correction structure. We advised members that Netflix ideally should continue lower. Therefore, we expected sellers to appear in the sequences of 3, 7 or 11 swings. At the 100 - 1.236 Fibonacci extension of blue (W)-(X) which came at around 278.29-287.92 area and that was the first area for sellers to appear.

Netflix 12.12.2018 1 Hour Chart Elliott Wave Analysis
    [​IMG]

In the last Elliott Wave chart. You can see that the stock reached the blue box area (278.29-287.92) and reacted lower. If traded our blue box area shown in the chart above. Then, any trades from that area were risk-free, which means the stop-loss should be moved to break even, targeting lower levels. Please keep in mind that the 1-hour chart which I presented may have changed. Because as long as Netflix doesn't break 12/10/18 low (260.22). A double correction in black wave ((X)) higher still can't be ruled out. This blog should just illustrate how accurate our blue boxes are, and how our members trade our 3-7 or 11 swings strategy.

Netflix 12.16.2018 1 Hour Chart Elliott Wave Analysis
    [​IMG]

I hope you liked this blog and I wish you all good trades.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

A lot of new content coming out this year, I like the dips here.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Just saw the message on my screen that says they are increasing to 13.99/month.

Im not even mad. Still worth it.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

There we go, climb!

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Dang! Look at that power move!

9. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

that is a nice move off the recent lows!

$380ish looking plausible, which would coincide with daily TL resist. and the spike high from the previous ER.

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Alert set for a breakout above $360

11. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

NFLX resistance at 380, has not regained that level in the last 2 quarters much less its ATH.
    [​IMG]

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

T0rm3nted likes this.
  13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Netflix Buffers Ahead of Disney Streaming Event
    After surging off the December lows, Netflix (NFLX) has done its best impression of a show buffering with a slow internet connection - the stock has gone nowhere. The chart below is from our new and improved Chart Scanner tool, and as shown in the highlighted area, the stock has been trading in an extremely tight range relative to its normal trading pattern. Maybe the stock is just consolidating after its big move, or perhaps investors have been taking a wait and see approach ahead of Apple's streaming announcement late last month and Disney's (DIS) Investor Day on Thursday (4/11) where the company is slated to unveil its streaming plans.

[​IMG]

Whatever the cause of the pause, Netflix's range over the last 50-trading days is near historic lows. With a high/low range (based on closing prices) of 11.3%, the stock's trading range over the last 50 trading days is just one-quarter of its historical average and narrower than every other period in the stock's history except two.

[​IMG]

Those two periods where the stock traded in a narrower range were in early and late 2017 when the 50-day range briefly dropped below 10%. In the chart below, we show where those two prior periods occurred with respect to Netflix's stock price since the start of 2016. For what it's worth, in both periods where the stock finally moved out of that narrow range, the move was to the upside.

[​IMG]

T0rm3nted and Onepoint272 like this.
  14. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

Reduced volatility is indeed generally an indication of a re-accumulation trading range as opposed to a distribution trading range. In re-accumulation the public is less involved, whereas during distribution the stock is being "distributed" to the public and thus the volatility increases as they are a jittery bunch, sensitive to news and all sorts of impulses.

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im sad to see Star Wars - The Clone Wars leave Netflix. My kid watched that series at least five times from beginning to end.

But for $7/month on Disney+ its not too bad. We are obviously keeping Netflix, but it sucks we now need two streaming services.

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Try 4. Netflix, Hulu + live tv, HBO, Disney

EDIT: Make that 5, Amazon Prime

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hulu and HBO we have managed to avoid for the most part.

Disney we will not be able to ignore.

18. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lets see if $340 support holds

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

So the Disney+ sell off is done here?

[​IMG]

20. bigbear0083

Staff Member

everybody ready for ER? :p

here's the whispers courtesy of EW.

[​IMG]

also, is it just me or does anyone also feel like the official kick off to the earnings season isn't until NFLX reports? :p

T0rm3nted likes this.