Official MLB Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Big win for the Cubs last night! We'll be facing Kershaw in game 6, which means if it goes to game 7, I doubt we see him in relief, but who knows these days. We all saw what Bumgarner did last year!

3. Stockaholic

Time to clinch this baby tonight! Kershaw will be tough no doubt but Wrigley is going to cray tonight! I will be tuning in for sure! 8pm eastern! Can't wait!

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Wish I could go tonight, but I can't fathom dropping $350+ for STANDING ROOM ONLY

5. Stockaholic

:cool:

This is going to be the most intriguing Fall Classic coming up that I can remember, probably ever in my lifetime, at least IMO anyway. This is going to be cray! :D

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Drank Old Style beers out of a can at the bar last night while watching the game. Felt just like I was at Wrigley. Been at work for half hour already with a hangover. I regret nothing.

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. Stockaholic

2016 WS Schedule:
    [​IMG]

8. Stockaholic

I think it's awesome that the 3 games at Wrigley fall on the weekend (Friday night thru Sunday night). Wrigley is going to be craaaaaaazy!

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hopefully they can win it all in Wrigley. Gonna be crazy down in Wrigleyville. Considering making the trip down there Sunday night if it's a possible clinching scenario.

10. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Pulling for the Cubs. Mainly because I really like Joe Maddon. Got to know him and experience his baseball genius while rooting for the Tampa Bay Rays. He took that club and made them a team to be reckoned with after several years in the basement. He knows how to get the most out of each and every player on his roster and has a knack for making game time decisions that truly impact the outcome. Good luck Joe, you deserve a World Series ring.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. Stockaholic

Game 1 tonight!

This will be the most intriguing Fall Classic (maybe ever) IMO between the 2 longest WS championship drought teams! One of these 2 teams will finally end their long championhip droughts ... admittedly though I am hoping it's the Cubs! :D

12. Stockaholic

Just a little over an hour to go until first pitch ... gonna be a fun series to watch for sure. Cannot wait.

13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately I work tonight and tomorrow night so can only check the score online periodically while I'm at my desk.

14. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Ross just got Lester out of a pinch for sure. Lester will be lost next year without Ross behind the plate.

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I think he'll be fine. I'm hoping he spends the entire off season working with Contreras, and learning how to throw to 1st base.

16. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Yeah the first base deal is a weird phobia for sure. It happened against my local team of the mighty (not) Reds. I follow them as bad as it is at times.

17. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Everything rolling for the Indians tonight. Hard to beat a team when they have that much momentum.

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Same thing happened with the Cubs bats heading into the start of the Dodgers series. They struggle to get their bats going after extended breaks (more than 1 day). I'm thinking they'll get them going, and keep them going, just hope it's before game 3. Would be nice to leave Cleveland with a split.

19. Stockaholic

yep, def. agree with @T0rm3nted there ... and imho even if there is no split in cleveland i think cubs would still be fine as they would be getting the next 3 at wrigley ... where hopefully they'd take care of business at home, and then take their chances back in cleveland for either game's 6 and 7 if necessary ... a long way to go from that thought though ... let's see what happens tonight ... thinking we won't be seeing a goose egg on the scoreboard for the cubs again tonight.

20. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Kluber was the man last night, Lester not so much. They rattled him in the 1st inning for sure, he couldn't get past it. The Indians had the bats to boot. The Cubs will flip the switch on soon.