Official MLB Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

That GS was epic! :D

Game 7 here we come! This is going to be one for the ages I think! Whatta a Fall Classic to remember! This has truly been awesome to watch! :cool:

2. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Hopefully cool hand Hendrick brings his game. Got lots of faith in the bats after last night for sure. Go Cubbies.

3. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

What a series. Cubs ahead early but Cleveland still battling.

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I hate Joe Buck.
    I hate hate hate Joe Buck.
    He is absolutely worthless as an announcer. For any sport.

And now there's no game cause of a rain delay, so he is utterly sucking.

5. Stockaholic

6. ESOX 606

ESOX 606 Member

Game and series that will go down in history. I got worried when Madden pulled Hendrick earlier than I thought he should, but It all panned out well. Congratulations to both teams for sure. A big Congratulations to the Cubbies. Go Cubs.

7. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Congrats Cubs fans, what a game what a series :)

8. Stockaholic

The Cubs had their parade today ... i saw that they were streaming it online but i never got a chance to check it out only briefly ... i did see the weather was perfect though for the parade ... glad to hear it :)

9. Stockaholic

Opening Day is here at last!

Anyone with any early season predictions here?

I assume we're all mostly thinking Cubs favorites again this season?

How about surprises? Any teams in particular you guys think could surprise this season?

It's good to have MLB back in action. Now I really feel like Spring is here. :D

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Cubs lost their opener last night. I had to start work at 5am today so I didn't get to see half of it, but apparently they tied it up with 3 runs in the 3rd, but couldn't get it to extra innings. 0-1 to start the year.

11. Stockaholic

Long season, but I'll say it again it's really nice to have baseball back in full swing again. :D

I'm thinking of making the drive down to Atlanta this summer to see a game at the new ST park.

Might go there when the Cubs visit in mid July.

12. Stockaholic

gonna try to focus on some of the baseball now that the other 2 pro sports seasons have completed ... it's about all there is until the nfl season starts up in a couple of months

what do you guys think with almost 3 months into the mlb season thus far? yankees looking pretty good again ... that aaron judge is a pretty darn good ballplayer i'd say eh? :eek:

13. Dre4

Dre4 Member

Although I'm a Jays fan, I'd love to see the Rockies and Astros keep their paces up. A WS with two teams who have never won in before would be awesome.

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm just hoping the Cubs can figure it out soon before they get too far behind. Obviously still a ton of time left and it's probably hard for them to get motivated for the regular season after just winning the world series. Not to mention, every team that sees us in a series schedules mostly their 3 best pitchers and we're stuck rotating all 5.

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Working night shift, home around 5am after tonight's shift, and then up at 9am to head to the Cubs game tomorrow. That was my Father's day gift, should be a good time tomorrow.

GO CUBS GO

16. Stockaholic

nice @T0rm3nted hope ya had a great time out there man! i didn't catch the score for that game did they win?

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Lost 3-2 unfortunately, but it was perfect weather and still a fun game!

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Cubs up 1 game going into tonight's action. Starting to get a little more worrying after the Cardinals 8-0 run (which just ended last night thankfully). Hopefully they fall back down to Earth and the Cubs can pull ahead a bit more.

Starting a series with the Reds a few minutes ago, so hopefully that'll be a clean sweep and help get us closer to the Playoffs and an eventual repeat!

19. Stockaholic

quite a wild division series in both the al and nl thus far ... i thought for sure the yankees would be taking the split in cleveland when they were leading 8-3 with about 10 outs to go, but wow was that ever a crazy end there! i'm rooting for another rematch of last year's fall classic, however this time around i'm actually rooting for the tribe (sorry @T0rm3nted! :p) i just kind of like to see cleveland's WS championship drought end as well. they haven't won it in like 70 yrs or something. would be an awesome WS again though!

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The Indians are definitely more scary this year than they were last year, and last year they were no joke. That crazy win-streak they had this year to make history was impressive, but hopefully the Cubs can make it back to the WS and show them who the real champs are again!