Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Oct 26, 2016.

1. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

I don't think the Cavs have it this year. They might make it through the 1st round, but just doesn't have that feeling this year that they usually have.

2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I love basketball but was pretty busy on the weekend, so I just watched a little bit of the Pacers upsetting the Cavs :p Supposed to have some pretty good talents in the drat this June, maybe the Hornets will get a good player in the draft :D

3. stock1234

Yeah they aren't looking good for sure, LeBron might be leaving after this season too, so they probably will be back to being a lottery team :eek: The East is wide open this year, I actually think the 76ers have a shot to go to the Finals. The Sixers are very inexperienced but they are loaded with talents.

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

not really following the nba playoffs much here lol ... but was rooting for the pacers to upset the cavs in the 1st round ... looks like cavs with a chance to wrap up that series tonight though ... dangit lol

5. Stockaholic

don't know if it is just me, but is anyone else finding the nba playoffs to be extraordinarily boring this year more than usual?

i used to consider myself a pretty huge basketball fan back in my youth...loved watching the playoffs.

IDK why but i just cannot for the life of me get into the nba playoffs this year lol.

6. Stockaholic

so it's the warriors and rockets in the west finals, eh?

i guess i will try to tune in to catch some of this series ... should be a good one.

not too interested in the cavs/c's series though ... but hoping boston pulls that one out.

7. stock1234

Haha yeah I think the Warriors and the Rockets are the 2 best teams this year, should be a fun series :D

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Should be a good Western Conference Finals. It's the real championship this year IMO. Hoping the Rockets take it, but expecting more of the same (Warriors/Cavs).

9. Stockaholic

i haven't gotten the chance to watch any of the conference finals, but looks like that west final has a good shot of going 7?

rooting for a rockets/celtics final...would be okay with the warriors too, but please no cavs! :p

twerpner likes this.
  10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Rooting for the same. Would not be okay with Warriors OR Cavs. If I had to pick one, probably cavs. Much more OK with seeing a legend and one-man-team cement his legacy, than a team of superstars just running over the league year in and year out.

11. Stockaholic

looks like i just may get my wish here :p

rockets and celtics with a chance to clinch their conference finals respectively this weekend!

would be a fun nba finals.

...hopefully i didn't just jinx it though like i did the lightning on the nhl thread :confused:

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Gonna be real hard for the rockets to win if Chris Paul isn’t back by game 7.

13. Stockaholic

whelp, for the 4th year in a row we've got warriors vs. cavs in the finals :eek:

this is pretty unprecedented...has there ever been 2 teams to face off against each other in the nba finals 4 years in a row like this?

how about in the other 3 professional sports (nhl, nfl, mlb)?

warriors won it in 2015
    cavs in 2016
    warriors in 2017
    so do we think cavs in 2018? :p

as much as i did not want to see this match up again, i guess in some ways it's intriguing as i don't think this has ever happened before (at least not in the nba?). so we're witnessing some history here.

14. stock1234

Good for the NBA I guess, the TV ratings should be high with LeBron and the Warriors in the Finals :p I guess I will root for the Cavs, I really became to dislike the Warriors after Durant joining them :p I am not exactly a big LeBron fan but there is no do doubt that he is the goat

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

More of the same

16. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

If you want parity, go watch baseball; the league without a salary cap :p

How were the games? I read a team shooting 7-for-44 (Houston) and it sounds like brick city, but was it interesting to watch since the game is changing?

Meanwhile in the other conference finals the teams were trying to resurrect the ghost of 90's Knicks basketball. Neither team scored 90. But was that interesting to watch, maybe on an individual player level (LeBron, Tatum)?

17. Dan Thunderbolt

Dan Thunderbolt Well-Known Member

Hard for me to root for the Warriors since KD joined the team. If LeBron can somehow lead his team to victory it would be a real surprise. However he will never be greater than MJ...

18. Dan Thunderbolt

Dan Thunderbolt Well-Known Member

Well well well. As I am living in Germany I was up all night watching this nonsense. Refs blew it, and JR Smith what an ...

But for those who have not seen one of the biggest blunders ever, watch the soccer Champions League Finals match a week ago. Biggest stage, unbelievable mistake(s). Even worse than JR Smith...

19. Stockaholic

dang it i missed the game last night ... these games are on kind of late for me ... my summer schedule doesn't allow me to stay up past 9pm eastern since i typically get up at about 5am eastern :p

looks like i missed a good one :eek:

20. stock1234

Haha yeah I missed the game too since it was too early for me :mad: Hard for me to watch the game when the game starts 3PM during weekday in Hawaii :p I watched the 9 minutes highlights on YouTube, definitely seemed like it was a very entertaining game. A lot of drama including the refs changing an offensive foul by Durant to a defensive by LeBron, and JR Smith didn't know that the game was tied after Hill missing that free throw :eek: I really hope that the Cavs took Game 1 yesterday though, it would have made this series a lot more interesting :(