Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

kc chiefs coming in today ... should be a good one i think ... panthers season not done yet! :p

2. Stockaholic

If Luke Kuechly is going to be out for any extended time here then we can pretty much stick a fork on the season here for the Panthers ... not that I actually thought they even had a chance after blowing a 17-0 lead against the Chiefs last Sunday ... This season is pretty much toast for us. =/

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I heard from someone at work today that Kuechly is out for the rest of the year.

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Just looked at the standings, and shocked to see Carolina only 2 games behind the division leader. Don't really like their situation though, because you've got to figure Atlanta will win their last 4 home games. I'm not even looking at their schedule, but those guys are traditionally tough at home.

No one in the division is above .500 at home, amazing. That can't keep happening?

No undefeated teams left...Cowboys(?!) are 8-1. On the other hand, Cleveland got a chance at the bagel.

5. anotherdevilsadvocate

Ha, the Bears WRs are the worst in the last 20 years of the NFL. I cannot believe these guys are in the NFL. It don't matter to the Bears though, they're just tanking to get a good pick. That rookie running back looks solid.

I love Tampa Bay. The cannon. The cheerleaders in November. They should get a bye to the 2nd round of the playoffs every year.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

As a Bears fan, I agree.

7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Followed the Patriots since the 60's when they were the Boston Patriots. My home town area.

upload_2016-11-28_12-13-5.png
    Still follow them today and pull for them first. Second is Minnesota Vikings since it is my current home area. Also like the Tampa Bay Bucs as I lived in that area for 20 years and also the Kansas City Chiefs for the 20 years I spent there. So I have the luxury of not getting and interesting team knocked out of play off contention for most of the season. As for this week, it is going to be hard to watch the Vikings vs Cowboys this week. Something tells me it is not going to be pretty. :D

8. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

IF you guys could catch a wide open pass...twice...you would have beat my Titans...We suck too

9. Stockaholic

some really interesting matchups today ... too bad my carolina panthers don't have nothing to play for the rest of the way

i wish they weren't playing tomorrow night ... they don't deserve to be playing on MNF ... that's gonna be a lousy game

10. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

I don't think anyone wants to in the AFC south. Good news is that if the Titans win we will host a playoff game haha

11. Stockaholic

whelp, this is the final week of the nfl regular season ... and thank goodness for that ... least i don't have to worry about watching another $hit show that was the 2016 carolina panthers lol!

looking forward to the playoffs though. should be fun.

12. Gray Wolf

Well, being in Minnesota now the team I was pulling for the Vikings. Nice watching them go 5-0 to start the season figuring on a sure playoff appearance this season and last game not even close to wild card. At least I still have my birth favorite Patriots to fall back on for the playoffs.

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

That rookie Bear RB (Howard?) had really good games to close out the year. They're solid in that position. Just had to laugh at Alshon Jeffrey (spelling?) saying the Bears would win next year's Super Bowl. For one thing, he himself might not be on the team because of his contract. And for another thing, they don't have their QB position locked down. I can't think of any Super Bowl teams in recent years that were built around a RB. Maybe Kansas City got the closest a few years ago?

And how's about ESPN's football coverage? Been years since I've watched their shows, but when I was younger I religiously watched Berman/Tom Jackson on Primetime. So I only recently found out TJ was gone, and now today I'm seeing Berman is stepping aside. Growing up with them, it was shocking to find anyone who had a bad thing to say about Berman; but I have managed to find a few of them on the internet haha. As a matter of fact ESPN is letting all their established talent get away (Simmons and Skip Bayless too).

14. Stockaholic

Missed the 2 games yesterday...but I'm really looking forward to the 2 games today in particular the Pack/Cowboys playoff rematch from 2015. That should be fun. I'm personally rooting for Dallas here. That rookie QB Prescott is something else man. Pretty crazy good year he's had. I'm actually rooting for him to win it all. First they'll need to take care business today. Then, they got Atlanta which is no cakewalk. But, that would be a pretty nice SB especially if they end up playing the Pats.

15. Stockaholic

Whelp, so much for that idea lmao ... what a throw and catch there at the very end of the game which got the Pack down in FG range with what 3 sec. left? Somewhere @Ken34 must be dancing the jig after that one! Helluva game overall. I'm sure the Cowboys will be back next season. That Prescott never ceases to amaze. Now I'm not so sure who I'd want to see in the SB. Maybe the Pack I guess...

16. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I am rooting for the Falcons :D

17. anotherdevilsadvocate

Falcons look strong. Good offense, and at least a formidable pass rush on the defensive side.

18. Stockaholic

Who do you all got winning the SB tomorrow? :D

19. Gray Wolf

Go PATS. Not a cake walk but New England should prevail.

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hoping for the Falcons, but expecting the Bradychick's to win