Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Bears were definitely more competitive than I thought they'd be. Congrats on taking care of business as expected.

bigbear83 likes this.
  2. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

Really looking forward to the Panthers home opener tomorrow against the Bills! I was actually contemplating attending this game but tickets are going to be hard to come by. Plus, it's suppose to be up in the 90s and very humid around here. Sitting through a 3 hour game in that kind of weather will be pretty uncomfortable lol. I'll watch it from the comforts of my home with my nephew and fam. ;)

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks affordable compared to what we get in Chicago! Definitely can't go wrong watching at home though

upload_2017-9-16_10-17-11.png

4. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

Whelp, it wasn't pretty but I'll take it...a big time defensive battle against the Bills. 2-0 to start the season. :D

We lost Greg Oslen to an foot injury though. Hopefully he won't be out for too long that is a big loss.

Onto next week against the Saints!

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Cam is battling an ankle injury now too isn't he?

I'm stuck with the Bears absolutely embarassing team for the rest of this year... Too bad I worked Sunday night so I couldn't drink to get through that game.

6. SomeDudeAtHome

That game was exhilarating wasn't it? Can't tell you how many times my wife asked me to change it because of how boring it was but couldn't bring myself to do it because the Bills were only down a score. Hopefully the offense can get it together or else it's gonna be a long year.

7. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Just gonna comment here that I feel your pain @T0rm3nted. My Aints have wasted a top 5 QB all time in what will likely be his last couple years. If we had a bottom 10 D the last 4 or so years instead of one of the worst of all time then we are easily in the playoffs. Instead our historically bad defensive run continues to go with our top 5 offense every year.

On the plus side if you had told me growing up that the Saints would win a Superbowl and that in trade we would never win another game I would have easily taken that deal.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I was born in '88, so I never got to see a Bears win. Look on the bright side, at least you got to see an amazing QB play. The Bears have NEVER had one. Hopefully our new QB Trubisky (2nd overall draft pick this year) ends up being that star at QB that the Bears have never had.

I'm in a pool with some friends and we pick the winner of every game. I took the upset this week, Saints over Panthers. Sorry @bigbear83, though I'm sure I'll be wrong anyways lol

9. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

Rough one to watch today... Cam threw for 3 INT's and the Saints never looked back. I hope Greg Olsen returns soon he's been missed.

Better luck next week on the road against the Pats...

Meanwhile, I just happened to catch the final few minutes of the Atlanta/Detroit game. Wow man what brutal way to end the game there. They reversed the TD call because supposedly the player's knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line...then they have the game end on a 10 sec. run off so the Lions had no chance to run another play (it was 3rd down). Brutal!

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, sounds like a crazy ending!

I can't believe the Bears actually got a win today, that's half way to the number of wins I expected this year and it's only week 3!

11. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

Whelp, here goes nothing! Not really expecting anything amazing outta today's game (Panthers/Patriots). But, who knows, maybe we can pull off the upset on the road? Not holding my breathe on that outcome though lol. The scheduled doesn't get any easier for us from here though, as we're in Detroit the following week...

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats on the upset! The Bears did exactly what I expected :(

13. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

indeed! it has been a long while since i have enjoyed a real quality regular season panthers victory ... that was pretty sweet :cool:

we've got the lions this sunday again on the road ... no cakewalk there ... hopefully the panthers can come away with another W there

meanwhile, can cam newton please do us all a favor and shut his trap and just focus on football for once? seriously, why is there always some kind of drama around this guy? kind of getting tired of his crap to be honest :rolleyes:

i doubt this will have any impact on his performance this sunday, but i just wish he would not open his big mouth all the time and just concentrate on football ... ugh.

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The Bears are finally starting the rookie that they drafted 2nd overall (and traded up from the 3rd pick). About time, since Glennon has been an absolute disaster this year. At least he only cost us $18M this year :rolleyes:

15. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

let's go panthers! i made a deal with my bro-in-law that if the panthers are able to come away with the W today that i will join him and my nephew to attend the panthers home game on 11/5 when the falcons visit. hopefully they can make it happen!

btw, i didn't realize 'till now that we play you guys @T0rm3nted in 2 weeks! looking forward to that one as well. :D

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sure you're looking forward to it more than I am, the Bears are a dumpster fire :p

17. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Bears with a surprise win...thought they were supposed to be sandbagging haha. Great plan I think, run Howard a bunch and see what he can do. Howard was being underused all season, and thus perhaps wasn't getting anything started.
    If they're going to play Trubinsky, imo they should do more than throw to the TE. Get him game experience making real throws.

It's really tough to pick games this year. How in heck did Miami beat Atlanta? ATL had Brady looking bad for a half in the Super Bowl, now they let Cutler beat them?

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, super unpredictable season so far.

And I agree, neutering the offense for Trubisky is definitely hindering his growth. I hope they start to let the offense open up a bit. With Rodgers going down, the Bears actually are a long-shot to make the playoffs now. Looks like the 1st pick dream is dead, so might as well go for the Playoffs!

19. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

and we got the bears this week! gl @T0rm3nted :D

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

We're gonna need it! I doubt you have much trouble getting thru us this week, although we have been better since Trubisky took over at QB