Open a Schwab account they said..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Husker, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Husker

Husker Member

Hello folks, short time lurker and brand new investor. I've been learning my way around the forum for the past week or so as well as my shiny new Schwab account. And I can tell you it's been like trying to absorb information coming from a fire hose. At night I have long leg doji's dancing in my head!

I'm 54, healthy and not wealthy but I would like to take what little I have, control it myself, and make the most of it, in hopes to be more financially comfortable later in life. I'm totally clueless right now but I think I'm getting there. I'm halfway through reading What I Learned Losing A Million Dollars and am very thankful to see that recommendation on this forum. In fact, since opening my meager account, I had my first stop limit action today on BA and I actually feel pretty damn good about it regardless of the loss. Sadly I'm still not sure how to make a plan and work that plan, nor am I sure what type or style of trading I will do, but I look forward to the journey and will need lots of help. Over the last week I have literally read through all 15 pages (every new thread with at least one reply) in the Dumb Questions sub forum, thought that might give someone a chuckle!

Thanks for this wonderful resource and thank you very much for having knuckleheads like myself.

See you in the Dumb Question forum :)

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hahaha, welcome to the forum, we all started somewhere! Ask questions, READ A LOT, share thoughts, and that's how we all learn more and sharpen our skills. Good luck!