P - Pandora

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Apr 4, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody want to try to predict the bottom?

upload_2017-6-17_8-7-58.png

2. Baggi

Baggi Active Member

This one isn't doing so well. Glad I got out when I did, with a profit.

3. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Still heading down:

upload_2017-6-19_18-18-34.png

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like my post WAS the bottom :D

Jrich likes this.
  6. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

This one could be worth stalking for a while!

If it plays out into an accumulation range, ill get a live, play by play view from start to finish... good learning stuff!

Thanks for bumping it @T0rm3nted

20170623_230159.jpg

7. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

The stock picked up somewhat but I have low expectations tbh. Pandora wanted to be Spotify, but unfortunately it can't, in my opinion.

8. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

Probably see this up a bit this week from speculation since Wall Street dislikes Westergren. Maybe around 9 till further news.

9. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Returning right back to where it was before the big dip, and now meeting some resistance.

upload_2017-6-30_8-40-40.png

11. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

^^ i wish i had caught this @ the bottom.

12. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

Looking bouncy, might break $9... if it holds i don’t know but still impressive to be holding the huge gains from past 2 weeks.

13. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

Rotation has begun out of tech,there is no helping this garbage for at least 3 months.

14. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Got some paper puts at $8.50 fot 7/21

Looking for a pullback here to test the new support

15. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Well, shorting it on paper worked out, made 11 cents per contract

But doing it for real is a different story... looks like the perfect set up, 2 failed attempts to reach the supply line.... i would play for a break down out of this channel.... but.... ER this week makes me nervous

ER, best or worst time to buy options??

20170730_152634.jpg

16. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Curious, does anyone actually use Pandora anymore?

I had it a long time ago, i thought it was stupid.... You type in the artists you like, and they never play those artists... instead, they play a bunch of crap they THINK youll like

Free music on Youtube now

17. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Never used Pandora, but then I never used any of the services (Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, etc. I guess Amazon had something). What I used was Google Music (free) and YouTube (free). I hear great things about Spotify's new music finder (Spotlight or something? never paid that much attention, music not as big of a deal to me nowadays).

Up until a few months ago P said they could get an offer of $21. But the buyer said the value was below $10 (back when share price was $14). The thing is that buyer is very interested in getting Pandora, he's always expressing interest in it but the price is never right. He's going to get it someday, but who knows when and who knows if he'll get his price. He's the one that recently bought a minority position and put 1 or 2 guys on the board of Pandora, since Pandora didn't want to sell outright at below $10. People thought that was a great thing, but it's not. That buyer has a history of only buying dirt cheap companies. So what I see right now is a struggling company (still not making profits) with immense competition (even Sirius radio has investment from Buffett of all people), and the board members do not have the best interest of the stock price in mind. They're just there to make sure the value of the service is not totally killed before the buyer can get his price.

In spite of all these bad things, it could still go up after this ER, somehow. Perhaps all they have to do is report increased user numbers, and forget the profits.

Jrich likes this.
  18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I use Pandora. I think I've used it long enough that it knows most of the bands I like. I use the "Thumbprint radio" now which pretty much evaluates all the songs you've ever liked and plays them, and other things similar. I find it plays probably 90% songs I've liked over the last 10 years and 10% similar songs.

A lot of people don't like that it plays similar songs though, but I do. Always looking for new stuff instead of the same old songs all the time.

19. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Not me.... i like to listen to whatever song pops in my head at any given moment

Although truth be told, most of the time i have the CNBC trader tv in my headset nowadays..... boring as that may sound

Lookit here

Fell right back down to this price magnet like clock work......... now what?

There should be a large bid sitting here, if so it should rally.... if not, look out below!

Screenshot_20170807-161632.png

20. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

We found out that Sirius CEO is now Chair of Pandora Board. Shorts, you are all going to see $10 here soon, like it or not.