PRGO - Perrigo Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Perrigo Company plc, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical products worldwide. The company operates through Consumer Healthcare (CHC), Branded Consumer Healthcare (BCH), Prescription Pharmaceuticals (Rx), Specialty Sciences, and Other segments. The CHC segment offers OTC products in various categories, including analgesics, cough/cold/allergy/sinus, gastrointestinal, infant nutritional, smoking cessation, animal health, feminine hygiene, diabetes and dermatological care, diagnostic, scar management, and other healthcare products, as well as vitamins, minerals, and dietary supplements (VMS); and contract manufacturing services. It serves retail drug, supermarket, mass merchandise chains, and wholesalers through sales force and industry brokers. The BCH segment provides branded OTC products in the natural health and VMS; cough, cold, flu, and allergy; personal care and derma-therapeutics; lifestyle; pain relief, nasal decongestants, and cold sore management; and anti-parasite areas, as well as offers generic pharmaceutical products. It serves pharmacies, drug, and grocery stores through pharmacy sales force, as well as a network of pharmacists. The Rx segment offers generic and specialty pharmaceutical prescription drugs in various dosage forms, such as creams, ointments, lotions, gels, shampoos, foams, suppositories, sprays, liquids, suspensions, solutions, powders, controlled substances, injectables, hormones, women's health products, oral solid dosage forms, and oral liquid formulations; and ORx products. It serves wholesalers; retail drug, supermarket, and mass merchandise chains; hospitals; and pharmacies. The Specialty Sciences segment offers Tysabri to treat multiple sclerosis. The Other segment offers active pharmaceutical ingredients used by generic and branded pharmaceutical companies. The company was founded in 1887 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Perrigo shares plunge on weak guidance, CEO resignation

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

This is an interesting one to watch on the back burner. Current valuations put this in value territory now. Earnings coming out on May 9th and the conference call giving future expectations might be interesting. If there earnings projections don't take to big of a hit they might make a good value play in mid May for longer term appreciation

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

PRGO taking down the generics with it AGN MYL MNK ZTS TEVA

5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

It's interesting because their CEO ditched to jump on a burning ship that's getting sucked into a whirlpool named VRX. So that doesn't instill confidence in PRGO. But then again that CEO made a terrible move by rejecting the MYL takeover - I bet a lot of stockholders wish they had $29/share in their pocket right about now. That guy thought PRGO was being undervalued at $29. Got to say, his judgment is not the greatest. Fits right in at VRX.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

A chain of bad events, its almost like a bad comedy!

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I remember that MYL offer!

http://investorplace.com/2015/11/myl-prgo-mylan-perrigo/

Mylan (MYL) has launched a hostile takeover of drugmaker Perrigo (PRGO) and it will be up to investors to decide the winner.

Here are a few things to know about the hostile takeover of Perrigo that Mylan is attempting, as collected from The Wall Street Journal.

• Mylan is offering about $26 billion for Perrigo, which is a 9% premium on PRGO stock.
    • Perrigo is offering investors cost cuts and share buybacks to counter MYL’s offer.
    • Investor’s will vote to see if Mylan’s takeover is a success.
    • Irish takeover laws prevent Mylan from changing the deal last minute to spur negotiations with Perrigo.
    • Hostile takeovers don’t happend much anymore, making this situation a rare occurrence.
    • MYL is expecting its offer to draw in hedge funds, which have a 20% to 25% stake in PRGO.
    • PRGO is expecting investors from Israel, who have a 12% stake in the company, to take its side.
    • The winner of the hostile takeover effort will be revealed this Friday.

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I need to edit my post: it was $170/share not $29 (Papa claimed they were worth $229).

Anyway, the old CEO then said the best use of PRGO money was to do buybacks. And now he's leaving. Guess he got tired of spending PRGO shareholders money.

Obviously the value kept going down, so the jig was up. Dude would have been fired anyway. Seems to me like this is actually good news for PRGO.

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Reported before open today (5/12/16)
    Earnings: EPS $1.75 Revenue $1.38B
    Estimates: EPS $1.73 Revenue $1.35B

Down 2.90% today so far

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Recent Insider Trading:

upload_2016-10-27_0-12-26.png
    upload_2016-10-27_0-12-40.png

11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Upcoming dividend information:

Ex-Div-Date
    : 11/22/16
    Payment Date: 12/13/16
    Dividend: $0.15
    Current Price: $89.27
    Annual Yield: 0.65%

12. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

Dividend helps starboard, but hurts the rest of the shareholders.....nobody is in this for a dividend! We want growth and profits

13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Bullish crossover of the moving averages and trading in a decent channel here. Just paid out the dividend last week. Just took a position at $46.151.

upload_2019-9-3_12-3-16.png

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Very steady grinder since I got in. Up 13% since buying in exactly 1 week ago.

upload_2019-9-10_13-3-57.png

Three Eyes likes this.
  15. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

This is another one you turned me on to. Bought 10k worth last week at 48 and sold 10k worth today at 52, leaving me with 16 shares free-n-clear in 1 week. Thanks!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

#teamwork

Three Eyes likes this.
  17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Getting awfully close to my target

upload_2019-9-11_14-14-2.png

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

There could be some resistance here. I'll be watching closely tomorrow and selling at the first sign of weakness. No reason to give back 20% profit on a 1 week trade in order to just get an extra couple %. Basically a trailing stop tomorrow.

upload_2019-9-11_14-55-28.png

Three Eyes likes this.
  19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

And there it is. Basically at my target now. I have manual stop entered that I keep increasing since I've (basically) hit my target, but I'm leaving it open until the push forward ends. I'm not going to be too forgiving on the stop because the trade was executed as my plan was set up. I don't want to get too greedy.

upload_2019-9-12_12-29-5.png

Bodacious likes this.
  20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I may give this a shot again.

upload_2019-11-25_7-37-17.png