Price drop VWSYF

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by EnzoG, Apr 28, 2021.

1. EnzoG

EnzoG New Member

My VWSYF Vestas wind power stocks recent took a 78% drop but looking at the VWDRY stocks and stocks directly though Vestas have been increasing in price. I am curious as to how this can happen? Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

First thing to do is go see if there is any news, and there is. Its a 1:5 stock split.

For every 1 share you held yesterday, there are now 5 shares.

Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Aarhus, 28 April 2021
    Company announcement No. 09/2021

Vestas Wind Systems A/S has carried out a share split at a ratio of 1:5 with the record date 28 April 2021, cf. Company announcement no. 07/2021 of 8 April 2021.

In accordance with section 32 of the Danish Capital Markets Act, Vestas Wind Systems A/S is required to disclose the total number of voting rights and the size of the share capital in the company no later than at the end of the month in which the changes have taken place.

After the share split, Vestas Wind Systems A/S’ total share capital of nominally DKK 201,973,452 corresponds to 1,009,867,260 shares of nominally DKK 0.20.

EnzoG likes this.
  3. EnzoG

EnzoG New Member

Thank you very much for the explanation. This is the first time I have had a company do a stock split. I can't believe it isn't covered more in the news.