RAD - Rite Aid

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Wow, sorry to hear that.

2. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

There are other places one can go to throw all their money on a table, or in a machine for that matter

I constantly have to defend my new obsession against friends and family who are programed to think the stock market is the same thing as gambling because of stories like this.... so im constantly having to come up with different points to make said argument

One point is the all or nothing clause... where in games of chance, you throw down and recieve a gain or nothing at all in exchange..... that's not (suppose to be) the case in the stock market

I also try and explain protective loss prevention strategies to them, but i only get blank stares in response... my people are simple folk, sad to see the same mindset from someome involved in the game!

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

They can't argue with consistent returns. Start tracking your weekly returns, monthly returns, quarterly returns, yearly returns and show them what % you're returning regularly. Consistency can't be argued with.

Jrich likes this.
  4. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

That'll be great!... but first ill need some returns to track:confused:

On the bright side i havnt lost any money in a few months now.. but i havnt made any either

Ive somehow managed to turn the stock market into a piggy bank... i put a penny in and peak at it every day... and every day its still a penny

Learning a lot about market timing tho... trading a flat market is like fishing in the dead of winter... the fish are still there, but you practically have to wait until one yawns, and then drop the hook right in its mouth

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  5. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Perhaps your at the wrong fishing hole my friend. Yesterday, RAD was a no brainer to short, just one example of many. DRYS is one of my main money cows
    Tons of easy plays out there, I almost never use charts, don't need to. Options give you a ton of leverage for the money. HTZ, KR, DLTH along with a few others have made me a killing. If the fish ain't bitin, find another hole.. I laugh at the market is topped crowd, flat,up,down. My fishing hole is always biting and I catch one about 85% of the time. Just sayin..

Jrich likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Need to share some of those winners with us AT THE TIME OF ENTRY so we can profit too!

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Now now, what fun is it if we all become millionaires? That would be boring!

8. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

How long have you been in the market??? TVIX calls or puts, that will get you started, gotta learn to crawl first.

9. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

He could become a penny stock pumper, maybe you could give him some tips..:D

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm doing just fine ;) but anybody can claim they're doing well, it's another thing to post it as you're doing it so that it can be verified that you're making what you say you're making ;) Don't worry, I don't think you're bullshitting, just trying to get more people to post picks on the site because that's what brings new people in. Honest, good traders.

11. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

It would be foolish to make my trades public for anybody to see and/or trade the other side. I really don't have anything to gain by lying and trying to impress a bunch of strangers and I don't have to post here either. Happy 4th to all, may join CY..

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Relax there buddy, it was just a suggestion ;) Obviously majority don't post their trades and that is fine. Was just seeing if you'd like to. And no, I don't think you're lying and believe you are doing very well in the market, I just know how skeptical some can be.

No need to get all defensive, just making suggestions to try to help the forum grow.

13. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Ive been in the right hole twice now, just at the wrong time..... (that dont sound right at all)

Ill get there some day.. still saving.. but right now i need 3% just to cover commission, and can only logically make one trade at a time

I know... excuses excuses... but i like my strategy, ive seen what woulda, shoulda, coulda been with WFM and BBRY (playing BBRY again now) and i liked what i saw!

Im at the point where patients and frustration see eye to eye... i have equal amounts of each........ but i can promise 2 things

1) i will NOT give up

2) i WILL bitch about it

;)

14. Ryan526

Ryan526 Member

I can't believe I'm recommending this but if you are starting with low capital then using robinhood as your broker could help you out.... Even though i hate the broker.

Jrich likes this.
  15. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Actually that is where i started.. i just moved over to TDA about 2 months ago

Among other things, Ive found that paying that commission keeps me more disciplined.... i seemed to lose all sense of direction at times bouncing from trade to trade since it was free.... i decided for someone at my (in)experience level, it was best to back the truck up and slow it down a bit........ which requires some of that patients stuff

16. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Personally I have much better results playing the fear stocks, grocers being the most recent, the AMZN announcement was made and the sellers raced for the doors. Do you think KR is going bankrupt anytime soon??? Being the contrarion I am, jumped on some calls and sit back and started cashing in on the most recent ones. Still have some farther out that should walk the dog. The United air lines thing was my best yet, it recovered and even set new highs in record time. DLTH has been a pretty good one so far. Charts don't show this type of stuff so they are a waste of time to me on these type of plays. It only takes LEVEL 1 OPTION approval to make these kind of plays and you have so much more leverage it's not even funny. Take BBRY " Ive never played it" since your already in it and watch how the calls/puts move alongside the stock "charts apply to this side". It doesn't matter how much capital you have, rather how well you use it.. I found out quick, I'm a lousy investor but much better at trading. I play TVIX quite often but it can move pretty quick and turn on you. Hope this somehow helps you out. Word of the day is OPTIONS, study up on it my friend.

17. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

[QUOTE="Jrich, post: 57781, member:

I also try and explain protective loss prevention strategies [/QUOTE] I see this everyday, slight moves triggered to take out stops, in most cases every tick up is shorted back down. You have to know what your going up against, kinda like playing a chess game with a computer as a opponent. If demand overides supply it's on, otherwise the stops are triggered, rinse and repeat.I call it the tree shaker effect. Works every time.

18. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I do appreciate the advice buddy!

But i think my capital is even too small to play options right now.... one or two expired contracts could wipe me out... on the other hand, i could prepetually replace what i lose from my 5% stop strategy every payday, never run dry, and overide 3 or 4 losses with one win

I did start reading about options tho... its confusing as F!.. but ive never let that stop me before...... think ill try paper trading them before i even consider playing for keeps

19. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

wow I came to see how you all doing with RAD and found many O/T posts that have nothing to do with this thread[​IMG][​IMG]

now that I am here, for what is worth, I might as well give my quick thoughts..... however IMO those are debates-discussions that this forum needs but in a proper thread of course......;)
    you all have a good point .... I agree with Timbo I will never post my trading accounts (many years ago when I did that I then found them all over the Webb!!! ) but whenever I can I always post in real time when I open and closed a trade so anyone can check (in my scalping thread can be seen all + I name many winners before the bell) if I am still here after so many years of trading that mean I should do ok... but at the same time I am not a billionaire... otherwise I would be on an island surrounded with birds ... the featherless one tho [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]...
    ... but trading it has improved my lifestyle and is still doing it and very happy with it.... let's face it if we make too many $$$ then we only have headaches where to put and how to spend them o_O:)

to Jrich my advice.... answering those couple posts regarding your results... one need quite few years of experience before becoming profitable ... but I will never tell you how to trade because even if I would do it your mindset isn't the same as mine so it wouldn't work... I always say>>> you wouldn't wear someone suit bigger then you would you? so why trading other strategy but you can improve yours by taking some good points here and there ... after the close analyze your trades see where you went wrong how can they be improved and test it -them (virtual trading will help) or if you made few centss se if it could be turned into $$ ..... etc... etc....

everyday in any markets there always are what goes up -down-sideway it is up to us to trade accordingly not against it ... I only trade what goes up[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for this O / T, but I felt the need to say/post my penny worth as well ... I will never tell the newbie or the less experienced how they should trade but I will tell them how they could improve their strategy JMHO :):)

edited// to correct some spelling :(

#59 Ciao (Sheppy), Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Jrich likes this.
  20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Always a good idea! As you already know ;)

Jrich likes this.