Realtime Stock Discovery & Alerts - MOMO for iOS/Android

Discussion in 'Vendors, Brokers and Product Reviews' started by Mometic, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Hi Everyone,

MOMO, it is an app I built under Mometic.com. MOMO is a cloud-based mobile app that streams a real-time “river” of intraday higher highs and lower lows to your mobile devices. I got the idea for MOMO back when I was tired of missing breakouts I thought I was watching, but really couldn’t keep tabs on at my desk or otherwise.

When I found out that I could also include pre-market and after-hours data, I became convinced I could solve a huge problem for myself and hopefully others (not to mention sleep in a bit and go to happyhour during earnings season).

MOMO 1.0 for iOS was released in 3Q 2015. I shared preliminary versions of MOMO with some investors and received great support, but in hindsight they really just wanted to take the idea. One actually got funding, but they couldn’t execute on their idea. I also took some risks on the development platform and turned out to be wrong, so rather than taking weeks to release an Android version, it took over a year! Not what I had planned. I nearly punted and stuck with just iOS, but I regularly had users pleading for MOMO on Android and even had a half dozen or so that went off and bought a used iPad or iPhone just to have access to MOMO.

So now that MOMO is available for both Android and iOS, now what? Well, MOMO is re-built on a more developer-friendly platform. We already have new features on deck for Android. (hint: the most frequently requested feature). We hope to have this out in the next week. MOMO 2.0 is also on the horizon with a ton of useful features and improvements. I’m not yet willing to share the roadmap, but I will say that they are a natural evolution and should compliment a user’s daily trading workflow very well.

If you have not seen MOMO before, I certainly welcome you to learn more on the App Store or Google Play.

MOMO for Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mometic.momo

MOMO for iTunes
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/momo-stock-discovery/id939312137?ls=1&mt=8

About me: I’m trader, entrepreneur and product designer. Currently enrolled in MIT Design Thinking Course for fun. I know many may think it isn’t for them, but I love the building process. I used to trade, a lot. I had a few years of $10k+/yr. in transaction fees alone. Primary trading vehicle was OTM BUPS. Biggest win was a series of laddered 110 OTM AAPL calls on the road to $700 back when first HD iPAD was in about to be announced. Enjoyed the rush, but also enjoy building products and solving unmet needs that people wanted. MOMO was the first thing that came to mind. Now I get to do both.

Thanks for checking it out and welcome any casual conversation or questions about MOMO or me.

A huge thanks to Gil for his online efforts in Reddit and Stockaholics. He’s been a great supporter and a natural at bringing people together and building communities.

Brent

StockJock-e likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hi Brent

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the kind words!

A few questions about the app:

Its free for use, but limited to 5min per day?

Is that 5min continues minutes or can you use for 30sec here, then another 30sec later?

3. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Nice @Mometic I may check this out later on this week ... although admittedly I am so app'd out it's not even funny lol ... I literally have an app for everything ... but I may just see what you got going there and would report back here if/once I have it installed, etc. Will let you know. Thx for the heads up though!

Mometic likes this.
  4. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Fair question. The trial is structured in a way to provide a trader ongoing use until they determine they want unlimited use. Many trials expire and I didn't want. I also didn't want to clutter the app with ads or require registration as I was aiming for a professional grade, level 2 type experience.

This is how I came up with the 5 min a day, every day trial. The trial counter only counts down when active so you can periodically check out MOMO throughout the day.

Its worth noting the alert notifications continue to work regardless. It didn't seem right to have folks depend on MOMO and then have them lose $$$ due to trial restrictions.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That is a nice feature!

6. Mometic

Mometic New Member

I know there are a ton of apps, I think MOMO works as a good companion to the desktop too. I get the app saturation issue and I have it as well, but I also don't have a lot of "apps" which I leave on next to my desktop. I got an iPad stand and leave it on as in the pic. Sometimes I have another computer on, but very rarely.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#6 Mometic, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This is disturbing!

What sort of person has a desk that clean?!?!

:D

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  8. Mometic

Mometic New Member

A person who started an e-document business once upon a time? :)

StockJock-e likes this.
  9. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Nice, I'm kinda app'd out myself but will give it a try. I do most of my plays on my trusty Ole galaxy 5. I know, very primitive but it works-so far anyway. AAPL 700 bucks?? Had no idea it ever got that high, of course I'm a new and never looked at it.

StockJock-e likes this.
  10. Mometic

Mometic New Member

You're right. It wasn't 700. I think it was on way to 500. February/March of 2012 or so. Huge run up before iPad HD was released.

11. Epicram

Epicram Member

This app looks awesome, want to give it a try.

Mometic likes this.
  12. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you find some good money making trades.

#12 Mometic, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  13. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Stockaholic likes this.
  14. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Thanks for the update Brent! That looks really good. I haven't gotten around to install quite yet but I'm kind of itching to do so very soon. Looks awesome. :D

15. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Appreciate it Cy.

16. Mometic

Mometic New Member

@StockJock-e have some news... I've been out of country for a while, but I now have a desktop version of MOMO that I'd like to get some eyes on. Anyone clever ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 3.16.43 PM.png

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Giveaway time?

18. Mometic

Mometic New Member

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

We can start a thread here where you giveaway 1month access or some service of value, lets discuss this afternoon.

20. Mometic

Mometic New Member

Ok. I've been in & out lately. Sorry. That sounds good - still working out some last minute kinks. Shouldn't be much longer. Thanks Gil.