Reliable stock charts

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by WhoIsIt, Dec 10, 2019.

1. WhoIsIt

WhoIsIt New Member

Hi all, Im new here, but I have been in the market for some long time now. And it might seems funny but I still have some basic, mostly technical, issue Im not sure about. So I will just break it up:
    What free stock charts software (or web) do you use? I currently look at TradingView / YahooFinance / FreeStockCharts. depend on the timeframe and period I need. But first, I dont know how to handle the fact that there are differences in the candles between different charts. I understand that every chart provider take its quote data from different source, but still, there are sometimes very significant differences in candles AND in volumes. How can I know which one is "the right one"?
    Also, in some charts like TradingView, if I look at intraday chart, like 15min, I see lots of candles missing, it jumps from 12:00 to 12:45 for example. It's hard to believe no one notice that, and also hard to believe there wasnt single trade for half an hour. I wanted to ask them but I dont see an option in the site (at least for free users)

Until now I traded more in the daily / weekly intervals so those stuff didnt really bother me, but now im going to use intraday charts alot more so I wanted to understand those stuff clearly.

And also, as a side question - Im not sure if I can ask it here and if not just say so - but what other communities there are for those discussions? I just found this forum, which is pretty active and it's cool since it's rare for forum these days lol. But are there more ways to discuss like google groups, facebook groups or stuff? Im talking about popular communities with high activity

Thanks!