requesting permission from admin/moderators?

Discussion in 'Forum support' started by dbodoff, Aug 21, 2020.

1. dbodoff

dbodoff New Member

My name is David Bodoff. I am a business school professor. I was one of the original creators of the SEC EDGAR site, which began its life at NYU before we moved it over to the SEC. Perhaps that was before your time, for most of you :(

We are doing research into how people *read* earnings reports. I am writing to ask the forum admin/moderator's permission to post an invitation to participate in a *short* exercise, as part of this research. I am writing to ask your permission because I understand this kind of thing might be seen as violating forum rules. But I'm not selling anything. This is research, for our community. I would so very much appreciate your permission.

Thanks for considering.
    Dr. David Bodoff
    University of Haifa Business School

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

@StockJock-e @bigbear0083 are the admins. I just tagged them so they can get you a response.

3. dbodoff

dbodoff New Member

thanks. will wait to hear.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

If this is true, you are legend in the world of financial information gathering!

This is an honor!

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. dbodoff

dbodoff New Member

heh heh. you're .. sweet. Does this mean I'm OK to post the link, and it won't get removed and me get banned? Oh wait, if I'm a hero, can I get like a real push for participation when I post the link? Anyway, thanks a million, my dear admin.