Russian Invasion

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by robertbanking, Feb 23, 2022.

1. robertbanking

robertbanking New Member

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well and staying health.

I kindly wondered please if anyone had any thoughts on how much the US stocks could fall if Russia does invade Ukraine, i know some of this is speculation. Does anyone have any stocks or alternative investments such as REITs that they use to protect themselves against market turbulences please apart from holding amounts in cash? I am restructuring my portfolio and please wanted any guidance on this.

Thank you very much for any advice you can give. Thank you for your kindness and have a wonderful day. All the best.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the site! The markets are very volatile this year, and the Russia/Ukraine geopolitical events could make it remain turbulent for awhile. Everyone will have different opinions. My opinion is that most of the Russian aggression into Ukraine is priced in, but it can always go down a lot more. I personally think war is profitable for countries that are not involved, especially military powerhouses like the United States. If you're still bullish on the market but want some hedges, you could always buy some bearish market positions to hedge with your bullish company positions.

If you're fine with it morally and want to profit of the potential extended warfare going on there, you could buy some of the military contractors like Lockheed Martin (LMT), Raytheon (RTN), etc. There's other options like oil, etc.