Should we care about BREXIT?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Gray Wolf, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Does anyone understand what impact this summer's vote in England will have on the market if they vote to BREXIT?

I'm sure it will impact the foreign exchange rates but what about stocks? Is this something we should care about. My hunch is that if they vote to exit the Euro it will have a negative impact on the stock market.

2. YLC

YLC Member

Couple of weeks left!

3. Z-OldEurope

Z-OldEurope Active Member

"
    Should we care about BREXIT?"

My answer is,

NO.

Because, at first they will NOT leave the € Zone.

And at second if they do it, who cares, 3 to 6 Months
    and the thing is forgotten. Blah blah, GB exited the Euro
    as they ever was in it. They still got their GBP, and aso.
    They alwas had only a pseudo membership. Benefited
    more that a lotfrom the EU but did not provided any right
    for that.

I hope the dumb asses will leave the € Zone, but trust me
    they WONT. Its simply a media blah trick and a nice posibility
    to make some money.

Read Ya.

Zzz

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

few weeks ago I would have said they will never leave but today IMO for what I can see- hear-read i am not so sure..
    only banks-finance-moneymen are against it they want England to stay in so the City of London can "manipulate" the majority of EU + world finance and so on ...
    I admire the English because they do the population interest not like Italy that they help Merkel to destroy the Italian economy, textile manufacturing industry we were not only the best and top in Europe but even one of the top on the world... now majority closed down with thousand staff left stranded without work and pay-benefit... without mentioning the agriculture another part destroyed .... we import from Egypt - South America Tunis Algeria because EU told us so!!!!!
    now the EU is driven by finances ... they do not need cannons-armed army-wagons but the finance and Merkel destroy the strongest state (Italy included) and funny how Germany became the strongest!!!!
    today they don't need guns-tanks- cannons. the finance took over and destroy middle class... they want the big rich and all other poor so they can manipulate how they wont etc... etc.. etc...
    EU and Merkel put a puppet as our Prime Minister (Renzi... we never vote.. he got impose to us) ) and he does whatever they tell him to do... since EU our economy drop by half the taxes have tripled ...more unemployment ... youngster can find any job... always take away more money from pensioners, especially those with low-income!!!! our healthcare was one of the best in the EU, they (government) keeping cut money so now is getting worse ... only those with money can get properly care# (see below # explanation) I better stop here
    and do you think I want to stay in EU!!!!! I will vote against like majority of Italians... we hope that GB get out so other countries will follow I am sure that many other (Germany on top) will do everything to keep us in ...
    I could go on telling you the real fact not what the TV-media telling you ... in January I spent 5 weeks in England and from the previous 2 years that I have been I saw a bit difference ... less money turning... economy suffering etc... many English that I was talking to 80% were against EU the 20% for were bankers - Lawyers. (I still got friends there) many business men that I frequented surprisingly where-are for brexit
    nearly everyone say isn't EU that is wrong but those who control it (all puppets on the EU government)

well I got it out of my chest ... excuse my "rumble-muttering" hope you understand what I am trying to say-explain

#to give you the idea>>>>an example that I experiment myself... had bad leg the Dr prescribe me to do "doppler ultrasound" + analysis...I went to get the appointment (that was last March) the first available was in April 2017!!!! so I paid myself and in few days everything was done and ready (cost €400 (doppler) + €250 (analysis) +€120 ( private Doctor) nearly a $1k to tell me everything was fine!!!! but a pensioner who gets €50-800 a month how can they afford? thanks to EU to order to cut down the healthcare!!!!

OldFart and fichtenholz like this.
  5. Ciao (Sheppy)

6. Ciao (Sheppy)

7. Ciao (Sheppy)

8. YLC

YLC Member

Is it an immediate exit if the referendum votes for Brexit? Or will it still require their PM/government and EU Zone to "authorize" the leave?

9. Ciao (Sheppy)

Hi YLC
    if the YES pass no changes... if NO win will take around 2 years for the full exit (will be negotiation etc...)

10. YLC

YLC Member

Thanks. I kind of want to see Britain vote to leave EU and see what happens to the global economy.

During the 2 years it takes to leave EU, negotiations might end up with Britain not leaving after negotiating better terms. If one country leaves the EU, I think there may be a cascading event where other countries decide to leave as well....

11. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

@JerryM: If Britain leaves then they determine their own destiny and this will have a huge impact on the Euro and capital will flow to the US market and they DOW will see higher highs.
    lol @Z-OldEurope. You have no clue. Sorry.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  12. Z-OldEurope

He he. My pleasure.

[​IMG]

13. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

They should exit because of what @Ciao posted about European economic manipulation, but I don't think they will.
    The fix is in, and the manipulators will never let go.

Z-OldEurope likes this.
  14. Z-OldEurope

Bwt. a interesting Article from Today

(there is always Option B)

https://www.rt.com/uk/345545-mps-majority--single-market/

OldFart likes this.
  15. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

16. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

No need to reply I'm exiting thread.

17. Ciao (Sheppy)

hitman where do you live USA or EU?
    Why? because those who live here can see what disaster EU + euro made , that is if they want to see it because "they" (government-media-tv-banks-finance) keep on telling us that everything is improving and doing well (for them maybe)... but the only thing I can really see is that is getting worse.. (I shouldn't complain too much I have a good life but I think of those poor soul that live with near nothing doing the dustbin to survival.... or a big family that survive with the grand parents pension because 50-80 even 100% of them are all unemployed... in a democratic country do you think that is still possible?
    what answer teh EU give to those poor immigrant? they arrive in Italy or Greece by the thousand here everywhere is full... EU countries put barbed wire to keep them out!!!!!! is that EU? because they arrived in 2 countries isn't an EU problem?
    since EU we pay more and more taxes and get less and less services... thanks to EU !!!
    before the EU and euro my taxation was under 10% with many services free last year I pay 45% (without counting the trading-invest capital gain that I pay monthly separately)
    I better stop here ... so my dear man where do you live? are you" touching" all that or just read-see what they like you to see?

IMO more then Brexit we should have a new Europe with a new government that does not do interest of the bank-lenders - strong powers men
    then we could talk EU was designed to improve not destroy

excuse my rant ... after they wonder why in EU "populists parties" are Increasing

OldFart likes this.
  18. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

@Ciao

Here in the USA, it's no different. Cost of living increasing, wages not increasing, Obamacare insurance not worth a crap ( does not pay anything until a $6000 deductible is paid + monthly bills ), jobs not being created except for low paying jobs, college student debt out of control with no good jobs even being created, etc.... Then everyone wonders why Donald Trump will be the next president.

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  19. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

@Ciao I live in Toronto, Canada. You are spot on with whats going on in Europe, I have relatives in different parts of Europe we discuss the situation look for the good side but there is none and now some of my relatives are looking to move back to Canada. I am amazed that any country would let another dictate their destiny which is what Brussels was and is able to do up to now let see what happens June 23 and further.

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  20. Ciao (Sheppy)

>>>Then everyone wonders why Donald Trump will be the next president<<<<
    OF IMO you are spot on ...

OldFart likes this.