Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stock algorithm

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Aurora, May 6, 2020.

1. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Hello everyone, new member here, I made an account just now to ask a question, although stocks have been a great interest of mine since I was about 12 years old( I'm 26 now) - so I'll probably stick around even after you help me out :)

I write algorithms, and I'm really good at finding patterns and connections so I decided to finally try to write an algorithm to predict stock and/or forex value movement (I wanted to do this for years, but in my mind I had more productive things to do - like inventing useful devices)

To write the algorithm I need (free) excel tables(preferably, it can be text files too) with trade volume and price movement of highly traded stocks(like apple,google, intel... or forex pairs) - with high "resolution", meaning the tables should have really small time difference between two volume/price change values - if it doesn't, I might miss a really lucrative buy/sell marker.

These tables I'm looking for should also go back at least a year, then again, beggars cant be choosers since I cant afford to buy these tables - I'm sure there are pricey services that offer this data that goes waaay back.

Graphs that are readily available for free, either as a picture or through different websites UI don't work for me, I need either excel or text files.
    I'm aware I could extract this through some websites API, but that access has to be paid.

Anyone that provides the data, or points me towards a link from which I can download that stuff - can expect a percentage if I make it work :)
    (I wouldn't mind cryptocurrency tables either if anyone here has them)

P.S. I already made the worlds first sound visualizing algorithm( epilepsy warning!!!)

(new code but shittier video quality)

Cheers!

#1 Aurora, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. Rich456987

Rich456987 New Member

3. iStock Helper

iStock Helper New Member

Hi there, I know Excel well and trying to use Excel for picking my stock. See my video below:

4. Rich456987

Rich456987 New Member

Knowledge Mechanics Group, Inc. (Other OTC/NBB : XBOX) ยป Buy XBOX Online Today!

[​IMG]