Stock Market Today: April 4th - 8th

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Baggi

Baggi Active Member

How are governments around the world losing money due to cheaper gas?

Here in the USA, our tax is a per gallon purchased tax. Therefore, if 100 gallons of gas is sold at $4, the government makes the same as if 100 gallons is sold at $2. The difference is, if gas is selling at $2, one would think more gallons are being sold and therefore, more revenue.

2. MaximusAnalysis

MaximusAnalysis Active Member

Todays Market Thoughts

Attached Files:

Steven_Burt likes this.
  3. Talon

Talon Member

Gas has pretty inelastic demand. You ever stop filling up your car because gas is expensive, or bring home extra gallons because its cheap? Nah, we'll all just kinda grumble or be happy about the price and move on with our day. Part of the cost of doing business.

4. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

speaking of level options, how does one go about getting approved for higher level options? does it depend on your net worth or is there some other criteria? cause fidelity keeps shooting me down whenever i apply for higher level options.

thanks for this, thats why i throw my trades out there in the open, cause sometimes im not seeing it from all angles, i got in at the 50 sma, so below there is my stop, conversly if it gaps up anytime next week my stop will move up to below the first 15 minute bar of that gap day, ill be getting out of it next week one way or the other lol. it was a short term trade to begin with, since im long T i have seen how weak the telecos have been as of late, they are finally taking a breather from one hell of a run.

5. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

dont know how true the reports that cnbc throw out there are, but they said last year people drove more hours than the year before, dont know if thats a natural thing or part of cheaper gas, but one thing i know for sure, the increase in sales of SUVs and crossovers is definitely part of cheaper gas, so people are indeed pumping more gas just from that fact alone. if gas prices go back up, many a people will probably trade in those big vehicles for more compact cars. thats just my 2 cents though.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

Looks like this line was broken today on the up side.