Stock Market Today: December 30th - January 3rd, 2020

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Dec 28, 2019.

1. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

They were already killing Americans. And he wasn't a "head of state", he was head of a state sanctioned terrorist group.

Carafano argued that Soleimani’s death should be treated similarly to bin Laden’s. Trump designated the IRGC-Quds Force a foreign terrorist organization in April, essentially labeling Soleimani a terrorist leader.

“The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), led by Suleimani, was responsible for the deaths of more than 600 Americans in Iraq between 2003-2011, and countless more injured. He was a chief architect behind Iran’s continuing reign of terror in the region. This strike against one of the world’s most odious terrorists is no different than the mission which took out Osama bin Laden – it is, in fact, even more justifiable since he was in a foreign country directing terrorist attacks against Americans,” he said.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I see you got your quote from the heritage foundation, funded by the Koch brothers, who are the oil kingpins in America. Gee, I wonder who would benefit most from a war with Iran. We should definitely trust their research.

Soleimani has been considered the 2nd, or arguably even the 1st most powerful man in Iran. The Quds force and IRGC are going to demand retaliation and will have the power on their own to get it, whether or not it's sanctioned by the Iranian government. American casualties are now MORE likely, not less.

3. OldFart

Not anymore.
    I see your arguments come from snowflakes like rose mcgowan who apologized to Iran and is now on twitter kissing their ass.

4. OldFart

I don’t recall @T0rm3nted being scared of war when Obama took out Bin Laden.
    Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization and Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

Just another leftist reaction of a President you hate.

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

1. I wasn't around here when that happened.
    2. I was graduating college that month. Spent 0 minutes a day being involved in politics. Was raised a republican/evangelical so probably listened to fox news back then if anything, just FYI.

I also don't know who Rose McGowan is and don't have a twitter. I've only become interested in politics in the last year or two. I do not support escalating war with anyone. Bush was awful for it, Obama was awful for it, Trump is now awful for it. If a Democrat takes office in 2021 I will not support any war either unless it's defensive. I don't believe hitting a party to the head of state is a wise decision long-term. We've had a policy of not hitting targets of that caliber for good reason.

Three Eyes likes this.
  6. OldFart

He is not a "head of state".
    We've been killing terrorists since 9/11. I guess you "weren't around" back then either?

So, if a person came into your house to murder you and your family, you'd just let them do it since you're "against violence"? This is why we took him out. He was planning MORE terrorism against the west and our allies. He was already responsible for killing 600 Americans. Did you want him to kill even more??

7. OldFart

Nice bounce on /ES ....dead terrorists be damned

ES.png

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

He commands the army, and is the 2nd most powerful person in Iran. Iran's leader appointed a new military leader, I guess that guy isn't a "head of state" either? Their "government" isn't the same as ours, which is why to equate the assassination to an american leader is kind of a mix between Pence and Pompeo.

When I said I wasn't around, it was in reference to you saying you didn't see me getting upset about Obama killing Bin Laden. Of course you didn't see it, I wasn't here...

That's not even a remotely accurate comparison so I won't bother with a response.

The UN has not approved of this either, as they want de-escalation in that area of the world, not a destabilizing war. You speak of our allies, but they are not coming out in support of this attack.

9. OldFart

The "UN"??...seriously?...like the world gives a rats ass what the UN thinks?

Here's ONE leader with some balls:

Netanyahu lauds Trump for killing of Iran’s Soleimani, says Israel stands by US
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/netan...-of-irans-soleimani-says-israel-stands-by-us/

10. OldFart

Are we talking about the markets now or is admin still going to talk about politics?

11. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Was thinking I could take profit on my SLB position today, guess not :mad: Defense stocks on a tear today, but GD is up the least among them and unfortunately GD is the only defense name that I own :p

OldFart likes this.
  12. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

DOCU right at a breakout to ATH as it just rides the 20 sma higher and higher.
    [​IMG]

OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.