Stock Market Today: February 17th - 21st, 2020

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

when headlines are now consistently pointing to "coronavirus", then you know shits starting to get real :eek:

its going to be a little challenging i feel to get any meaningful reads on the data until we really start to get some better news on the virus front. just my 2c.

i wrote this in the coronavirus thread just a bit ago, but the way things are progressing right now with this virus, it sure does seem to me like we are on the path to a full scale global pandemic... :(

stock1234 likes this.
  2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Yeah I am pretty concerned to be honest. I am washing my hands a lot more now than usual, you can’t be too careful.

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

Back. I didn't like how it rallied without giving me another chance to enter. But, you have work with what the market gives you. So, I re-entered LOT #1 long at SPX 3330. If it collapses, I shall enter more next week. And if it rallies, at least, I'm in some. I have decided I have to use a more STRUCTURED approach to trading to maximize on my profits. Protecting what I have is important. But, maximization of profits is also a worthy goal.

4. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

The SPX at 3340 at 12:55 p.m. PST [5 minutes to closing]. So, it looks like it's coming back. I expect the SPX to test the 3370 level at some point and so buying at 3330 made sense. I'll decide what to do once it makes that test

5. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

i got in roku yesterday, although the chart is looking bad. and got in amd and msft today. will be looking to see if the indexes can still respect the 21 next week

Three Eyes likes this.