Stock Market Today: February 6th - 10th

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Feb 3, 2017.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Here are 25 stocks that will benefit most from Trump cutting taxes

President Donald Trump said on Thursday he will announce details of his tax plan in the next two to three weeks. Wall Street strategists and company analysts have already been hard at work giving clients ways to play this big moment for the markets.

Just a few weeks ago Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin shared a basket of stocks with the highest effective tax rates that he believes will benefit the most from the lowering of the corporate tax rate. Here are seven stocks the firm recommended in its "high tax rate" basket.

[​IMG]

In similar fashion, JPMorgan agreed with the same thesis of buying companies with high tax rates.

"Companies with high effective tax rates and high domestic revenue exposure will disproportionately benefit from a reduction in tax rates," U.S. equity strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas wrote in a note to clients.

Here are 10 names the JPMorgan strategist highlighted with the highest tax rates.

[​IMG]

Strategas Research Partners focused on a different area of tax policy. The firm told clients to buy stocks that will benefit from his likely plan to allow multinationals to bring foreign profits back into the country at a reduced tax rate.

"We have been surprised that our repatriation basket has not outperformed post-election since this tax change has the highest probability of being enacted," Dan Clifton wrote.

For investors who want to trade the repatriation tax holiday being implemented, here are five companies in the firm's repatriation basket.

[​IMG]

2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Probably will happen, could be risk on until the tax cut announcement from Trump in a few weeks

3. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

not a good after hours earning performance, wow, many companies got hammered. atvi seems to be the clear cut winner after hours, i was thinking of playing it, but i had just played TWLO and i dont like to over trade, i try to limit myself per week.

4. aaa

aaa Member

S&P 500 at record high Thur. as Trump hints business, individual tax reforms. Financials gain 1.4%.

5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lots of the big favorites are moving pre market!
    TSLA, NVDA!

7. Ken34

FCX bounced right off the 50 day yesterday, but i missed the play because i was focused on selling my TWLO and buying more AMD.

[​IMG]

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

It seems like this whole quarter has been poor. I know I heard ~60% of estimates have been beat, but even that is often closer to 70%. And the reactions haven't been bullish.

9. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Market still at record highs though :p 60% beat rate is pretty lousy though, but I guess the market won't care for now with the hopes of tax cuts and deregulation coming

10. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Imagine how much higher the record would be if the reactions were even better!

stock1234 likes this.
  11. Ken34

lol, i think they are better than we should be getting honestly.