Stock Market Today: June 13th - 17th

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 10, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im not sure about this oil move, sure higher highs but in the mid to longer term I think its more of a sideways move.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

3. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

I have a gut feeling gold is going to churn sideways for a while giving the 200 time to rise up a bit more. I'd love to get back in the miners at $1200!

4. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

anyone shorting CMG here?

5. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

I believe oil futures expire today or Monday which may explain bounce today

6. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

Is anyone doing any shorting besides me? lol

7. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

How is WTIC down big and USO is up?

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

9. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

I just noticed my West Texas chart doesn't update until EOD. Was looking at yesterday's close.

10. duck mich

duck mich Member

what is going on with market today?
    I don't see any bad news other than apple china news

11. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

its all just par for course in this market man ... this kind of $hit seriously never ceases to amaze me :confused:

the level of manipulation in this market has just hit a new high as far as i'm concerned lol ... its pretty damn asinine if you ask me ... ya gotta luv it (NOT) :rolleyes:

just another reason why i am perfectly fine to just sit out this POS market and stay the hell away ... sure there is a $$$ to be made in a fake market like this ... but meh ... just not my cup of tea to be honest

kudos to those of you who are still in this thing on a day-to-day basis man ... my hat seriously goes off to you guys ... and i hope you guys are makin' a killing!!! $$$ :)

i've been in this gig for about a decade and i need to say it again but i have never felt so disinterested in the day-to-day markets as much as i am today ... not really sure how you guys do it ... but again my hat goes off to you guys who are still trading this market ... you guys have some serious dedication that is for sure! :cool:

OldFart likes this.
  12. Venom08

Venom08 Active Member

DJIA looks to be in no mans land right now. It bounced off what used to be prior resistance the other day and that's bullish. But if it closes below 17400 then look for final support at 17200 (happens to be the 50DMA and a 38.2% Fib retrace). If that breaks then we could see a swift collapse to retest the January 2016 lows.
    DJIA Weekly:
    [​IMG]

The BREXIT is the wild card and is something that's of even more fundamental interest than Fed interest rates. If they Brits are allowed to have a fair vote and decide to exit the Euro, then that'll set off a contagion all throughout Europe and the EU will fall apart.
    As for the Fed meeting on Wednesday, it was interesting to note that the market FELL when they said they'll keep rates LOW. That's in direct opposition to the action of before when such news should've caused a massive spike to the upside, not the downside like we saw Wednesday. So the market wants higher rates and when the Fed is forced to raise them, then the markets will rally hard.

OldFart and Stockaholic like this.
  13. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

^^ this :)

14. Venom08

Venom08 Active Member

Clear manipulation to the upside. It broke above $1306 and probably sucked in a bunch of buyers who took it to $1315. What happened immediately after? A massive sell off to the low 1280s. Gold's time to shine isn't now, new lows possibly sub-$1000 are very likely this year.

Stockaholic likes this.
  15. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

For next week, I would be interested in a long entry somewhere between 2020 and 2050 for the SPX, if the Brexit catalyst could collapse the price sometime between today [unlikely] and next week before the vote. 2020 to 2030 would be particularly nice.

16. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

$gold - depending on volume and close that is going to be one big candle with large volume closing at the lows on the daily. I'm not sure about sub-$1000. I'll be a buyer of the miners at $1200 again.

17. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Same, looking for a pullback to ~2020 early next week. Then the Brexit vote on Thursday (looking for no, as the bettors are saying) and we rally.

Even if yes on Brexit, that will only start the wheels rolling toward the beginning of negotiations for Britain to leave the EU. Britain will still officially be in.

OldFart likes this.
  18. duck mich

duck mich Member

how come amzon goog taking such beat down today?
    I have an amazon 710 call Jul 1 expiration, I'm thinking on getting out.
    how far down you think it may go?

19. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Just saw a headline that someone downgraded GOOG because of decrease in search ad spending.

Oil ripping faces, VIX is down...and SPX is down :confused:. Down market is best explanation for AMZN being down today, I think.

20. duck mich

duck mich Member

I forgot today is option expiration for the quater