Stock Market Today: June 13th - 17th

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

ding ding ding and that's the bell ... have a great w/e everyone!

2. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

i dont get it, how come many of you guys are so bearish on gold so often on this board? everytime someone has stated a bearish opinion on here are the times ive been looking to buy the dip, and ive made money every time.

does it have to do with how unnaturally bid up it has been this year? ill agree the commoditity just does its own thing alot of the times and it does feel like manipulation, but why fight it? just like how the dollar was the crowded trade of last year, its gold this year.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

That's the whole market though. Everyone has been saying "it's going to go down, it's going to go down" and it hasn't yet. Small drops here and there, but not the giant bubble and meltdown that everyone is proclaiming.

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

here's how the major indices have fared thus far (wtd, mtd, qtd, ytd) as of today's close-

[​IMG]

5. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

Personally I think I've been a gold bull most of the time - since Jan. I sold my stuff only a few weeks ago after a massive gain. At this point, the chart is telling me there is weakness. That's all. Once the indicators I'm viewing improve, I'll go long again.

6. Venom08

Venom08 Active Member

Well I bought NEM at $18 last year and am still holding, but I'm not going to say that the gold bear market is over. Sure, I've traded this rally sicne January but it's not out of the woods yet.