Stock Market Today: June 20th - 24th

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 17, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Morning buzz:

OPK LEN MRO KMX CRUS WERN ASEI ADBE

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

3. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

as much as i hate this line of thinking, i think you're probably right and i need to just adjust to this as the new normal sadly :rolleyes:

its pretty asinine though that its like this imo ... QE can't be the answer for everything

at some point something has got to give IMHO

there is no reason this market should riding this high for this long

yes, i realize there is always $$$ to be made in any market environment and that all opinions should be kept out at all times ... no doubt that is true

i'm not in the market right now, and haven't been actively trading for quite some time now ... i am gladly sitting it out and just observing this madness

but i just SMH at the pure manipulation that goes on in this POS market on a daily basis ... the $hit honestly never ceases to amaze me

but hey, carry on i guess ... its the new norm as you said ... but this won't last forever imho ... nothing ever does ... but i guess as the 'ole saying goes "ride the wave while it lasts and GTFO once it turns" or however that goes lol

hopefully no one gets wiped out like in 2008 and everyone has learned that lesson

is this time different? i don't think so ... the higher this fabricated market goes the harder it will fall ... so keep on backstopping this market central bankers! it will be a sight to see when this fed induced market come crashing down ... when that day comes is obviously anyones guess ... but nothing lasts forever! jmho carry on ;)

internationalstocks likes this.
  4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I know its tough, I still refuse to accept the new reality, but I pretend I do! lol

5. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

QE can't be the answer for everything

I don't agree QE is just part of the market now. That is basically agreeing with the fact that debt is economically sustainable on its own. That simply is not the case, and never will be. At some point, the QE/debt will become so large it will all collapse. That will be a harrowing time. Terrifying. World debt is something like 140T. That's $20,000 USD owed by every man, woman, child and starving African on this planet. That Mongolian family of 8 living in a Yurt will find it hard to come up with $160k. That's a lot of goats! Thank you talking heads...you guys are awesome.

6. Revan

Revan Member

I thin
    I firmly believe that in 10 years we will look back at QE/ZIRP as failed experiments and we will be living with the consequences for a long time, like Japan.

That being said we are definitely in interesting times and there is money to be made on both sides if you come down on the right side of the trade on any given day.

Although they will not make any money, I am envious of those that have cashed out and staked a seat to what is sure to be one heck of a show.

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

In spite of SPX ending today higher, both IWM and IBB went lower today with high volume. Sellers using SPX strength to get out quietly?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

TSLA going down after hours...I'm not currently watching TV so not sure what it is. Should I credit it to a trend line?

[​IMG]

MaximusAnalysis likes this.
  9. MaximusAnalysis

MaximusAnalysis Active Member

Today's Market Thoughts

10. MaximusAnalysis

MaximusAnalysis Active Member

Downtrend that has just kept on giving

Those that had the newsletter should be in that one. If not again its free and I am not one to monday morning quarterback stuff. If I get a trade wrong I state it. 100% realness

11. surfsup

surfsup Active Member

I read they're into buying SCTY for $3B USD. $3Billion dollars they don't have.

12. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

why is tesla buying solar city? i saw the headline, SCTY popped afterhours. so is tesla trying to be than a car company...or should the real question be were they ever a car company to begin with?

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Early movers: SCTY, TSLA, ADBE, FDX, WGO, KBH

14. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

I totally agree..

Stockaholic likes this.
  15. Stockaholic

gm guys

so i gotta be super honest here but i am very much out of touch with the news and such but can someone please fill me in on when exactly this BREXIT vote is suppose to be? when is the exact deadline for this in eastern time? mucho thx in advance

16. internationalstocks

Futures are up and all indexes in Asia and Europe are pretty much up prior to Brexit. I do not know of many people that said "Hey let's all buy now ahead of Brexit news so in case they exit we all lose money" but yet over the last week we saw some major gains. Those were government funds buying in Asia,Europe and America. Even Soros came back to short and his days look numbered lol..

Stockaholic likes this.
  17. internationalstocks

News comes out tomorrow Europe time. I forget the fact time though but it is tomorrow. These gains prior to Brexit just do not make sense.

Stockaholic likes this.
  18. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

yea honestly i dont get the run up either. but that aside when was the last time the markets melted up in anticipation of something and held those gains? so while gold is weak right now and markets are up this week, i have a feeling that all reverses regardless of the brexit decision.

Stockaholic likes this.
  19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

John Oliver had got this!

MaximusAnalysis and Stockaholic like this.
  20. Stockaholic

thx @internationalstocks :)

yea this fabricated 7r bull($hit) market just never ceases to amaze me man ... honestly i'll be damned if this does make a new high ... but then again maybe not ... certainly anything goes in a fake/phony artificially induced market from the fed lol ... gotta luv it!

the meltdown (when the time comes ... which could be this year or another 7 years lol) will be spectacular! nothing lasts forever ... its been a helluva fluff rally for the past 7yrs but one day it will all end ... guess we just gotta endure a few more week/months (hopefully not years!) of this heavily manipulated fake fed induced market ... :rolleyes: