Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Market Today: September 21st - 25th, 2020

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by bigbear0083, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Active Member

If the SPX collapses to 3200 or 3210, it means adding in long--my theory says the price has to go back up at least to 3300 at some point

2. Frankenstein

I miss those on this website and the previous one who made some bizarre but fairly accurate predictions 70% of the time. The 30% being wrong could be argued as "par for the course," but they had some imagination, some insight and some excitement. Sigh

3. Frankenstein

The past couple of years here and the previous website seems like being a participant in "The Walking Dead" [I quit watching it a few years ago, though]

4. Frankenstein

I guess I came here in the past for some: 1. insight; 2. a challenge; 3. entertainment. But alas...

5. Frankenstein

At any rate, back to market issues. It seems the SPX is currently range bound between around 3210 and 3310. If that is correct, 3310 to 3340 is a solid buy zone

6. I_am_so_siri

I_am_so_siri Member

Its been forever since I posted here. Had to chime in and say I'm still at it. I just dont go on forums anymore.

JaysonW and stock1234 like this.
  7. kyleh2k20

kyleh2k20 Member

I hear that @Frankenstein and wholeheartedly agree with you. I am not sure if any of you guys caught my post from yesterday here:
    https://stockaholics.net/threads/bigbear0083.10823/

But even the site admin has been AWOL for quite some time now. I personally have missed reading his daily market stats and input in here. Just has not been the same w/o him. :(

Hopefully it is nothing serious and we see him and some other old timers like @OldFart and others back again soon.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

9. Frankenstein

Oh, I didn't know about that. Interesting

10. Frankenstein

I missed the SPX 3210 collapse this morning. On the morning rally, I exited my long position from yesterday at 3235, hoping for a stronger re-test of the collapse. But, I decided to re-enter at 3225. A better position than yesterday. But, you have to be fast in your decision making. It's still early and so, there could another possibility. I shall add in if there is another collapse. I still believe in my theory which says that the market shall have to retest that 3300 level at least once more, at some point.

11. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

hah, still here! just not on as much as before.

sorry if i scared anyone with my lack of activity here lately ... honestly did not think anyone would actually notice or care lol.

hoping to make a full return to the market sometime around year end or the new year.

unfortunately, if i'm being honest with y'all's here, my mom hasn't been feeling very well, and i just had a passing in the family which has sidelined me from the market, and being online much...still try to get on at least a few days a week if i can, but it's been a struggle :(

hope you all have been doing great and are killing it with your trades!

and really good to see you back in here @Frankenstein missed ya bigly 'round here bud! keep up the good work! :)

JaysonW, stock1234 and T0rm3nted like this.
  12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear @bigbear0083. Take care of yourself and your family first, that's what's important

bigbear0083 likes this.
  13. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

SPX rejected at the day's pivot, not a good sign for bulls.
    Looking down to 3200 today.

14. anotherdevilsadvocate

Well the 34 ema is supporting in 5-minute chart
    [​IMG]

The 34 ema in 5-minute chart rarely gets crossed twice in a day. Could happen today if the pivot is resistance, but right now that ema is supporting.
    Which way do we break out of 3249-3265? Thursdays are usually weak.

stock1234 likes this.
  15. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Sorry to hear that Cy. Take care and we will see you again when you are ready

bigbear0083 likes this.
  16. anotherdevilsadvocate

Well there we go upward.
    I had a downward bias for today but we never made it to daily S1, the overnight/early morning low in futures held above it.

Just not getting a spike in the VIX to really flush lower this week. It is staying elevated though, so looking like we'll see something in October.

stock1234 likes this.
  17. T-Coonazz

T-Coonazz Member

SPY about to hit the upper trend line and resistance.

stock1234 likes this.
  18. anotherdevilsadvocate

Reason for my downward bias is that was the bigger reward play imo.
    Without a break down, this week is just sideways trading after Monday's iitial gap down.

stock1234 likes this.
  19. stock1234

I was hoping for another flush down that would have flushed the bulls out :p Don’t think we are out of the woods yet, seems like the positive impacts from the FED are fading a little bit and the election uncertainty coming up, might need vaccine/fiscal stimulus news now to push this market higher :p Those FAANG stocks really got overbought and the valuations got a little bit extreme

20. stock1234

Hope to see you posting more often :)

bigbear0083 likes this.