STOCKAHOLICS 2024 PORTFOLIO CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by bigbear0083, Dec 28, 2023.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Active Member

Heya guys!

So as we're just days away from closing out the year, I thought I would try something entirely new in here and try my hand at a portfolio contest for the Stockaholics community here for the new year.

To make this process as simple and easy as possible for everyone, I've created a Google Form to which you guys can start submitting your picks to. Since this is a port challenge, everyone can select up to 10 stocks.

Here is the Google Form link where you can begin submitting your picks to:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...okuWgMzKZNIYhYwqZB32uvx2Q/viewform?usp=pp_url

Alternatively, you can do it on this thread here using this embedded form:

Here are the contest rules, there's not too much but please do follow them!

================================================================================

- Use your Stockaholics user handle exactly as it is on the Stockaholics forum!
    - Pick 10 stocks (only with a minimum price of $2) that trades on the U.S. stock exchange.
    - You cannot duplicate someone's exact 10 plays!
    (Check the Google Sheet to make sure before submitting your picks! -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KGVTnL0jm-5V_yKos8KNWZDnJ-1V442Kh9QV31ZYP1o/edit?usp=sharing)
    - Choose Long or Short for all 10 picks.
    - 1 ETF allowed (no leveraged 2x, 3x ETFs/ETNs allowed!)
    - No indexes or pinks/OTC or IPO's allowed!
    - Give a rationale for all 10 picks (Optional)
    - You may edit your picks at any time, but all edits MUST be done by 9:30AM eastern time on the first trading day of the new year.

================================================================================

I think this could be a fun little competition for the community to follow and monitor throughout the course of the new year.

If interested, feel free to submit your 10 picks using the Google Form that was posted above.

Looking forward to seeing how many participants we get for this competition!

May the best picker win by the end of 2024! GLTA. :D

Here is the embedded live Google spreadsheet:

#1 bigbear0083, Dec 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  2. bigbear0083

got my 10 picks submitted. will admit i'm kinda winging it lol. have not really been engaged in the markets for a long time so feeling a little rusty. :p

let me know if any of you experience any issues with submitting your picks via the google form. everything did seem to work fine for me though.

3. bigbear0083

great to see you join in on the challenge @Husker! :)

btw, i may leave submissions open a few days after the new year just in case anyone might miss this thread over this coming long weekend.

hoping we can get a few more participants before i officially close off the submissions.

4. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Looking forward to this challenge, with 10 picks I hope I will get at least 2 to 3 picks correctly lol :lauging:

bigbear0083 likes this.
  5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I just made my picks, taken entirely from the /r/wsb most popular tickers today.

6. stock1234

Submitted the picks :)

7. bigbear0083

going to close off the submissions here. good to have a couple of you participating in this though!

i'll have the google spreadsheet posted in here soon. :thumbsup:

8. bigbear0083

9. bigbear0083

i'll try to post the screenshots here regularly every week or month too. but here is where things stand off the year open as of now:

if there looks to be any errors with the spreadsheets please do let me know asap!

should be pretty fun to follow this game throughout the course of this year. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bigbear0083

thanks again for participating in here @Husker @anotherdevilsadvocate and @stock1234 !

i wasn't sure if there would be anyone participating in this tbh, so to have at least 3 of you on it is pretty cool. :)

if this catches on within the community here, i could decide to perhaps run this on a quarterly basis too. thoughts?

11. stock1234

EWZ was a short for me but somehow I entered long :lauging: If I can change it then it would be good if not then that’s fine too :)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  12. bigbear0083

thanks for catching that! this was an error on the google sheet lol. on the form i see it does show that you submitted it short. that was my bad! :p

it's been corrected now. :) if you notice or happen to catch any other errors please don't hesitate to let me know here pronto!

it's very possible since this google spreadsheet was a massive one to create and setup along with the google form lol. :p

thanks again! :thumbsup:

stock1234 likes this.
  13. stock1234

Thanks Cy :)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  14. bigbear0083

15. bigbear0083

BTW you guys, thought I'd mention this in here too. Would any of you like to see a return of the weekly market direction poll games on here?

I did try it for our first week of the year here, but sadly there was no fanfare from the community. Only @stock1234 had participated on it. :p

But, thought I'd ask here first and see how many actually respond in this thread before I go ahead and give it another attempt for next week.

Don't wanna waste my efforts if there is no interest from the community to participate on them. I think they're kinda fun to play, but that might just be me lol.

Thanks and have a great weekend guys!

16. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I'll give a weekly contest a try.

17. stock1234

I will vote if you continue the weekly poll but yeah maybe we need at least a couple more saying they will participate regularly

18. bigbear0083

i won't be around to post this weekly update over this coming weekend so just posting this right now, about an hour before the market close for the week.

===================================================================

Here is Week #2 on the Stockaholics 2024 10-pick challenge!

(Click Here to view the full Google spreadsheet!)

Here is where we stand as of Friday (1/12/2024):
    [​IMG]

Here is the 1st place leader (@stock1234's) picks for this week:
    [​IMG]

Here is the 2nd place leader (@bigbear0083's) picks for this week:
    [​IMG]

Here is the 3rd place leader (@anotherdevilsadvocate's) picks for this week:
    [​IMG]

and here is the 4th place leader (@Husker's) picks for this week:
    [​IMG]

19. bigbear0083

also, thx for chiming in here guys! unfortunately, there doesn't look to be an adequate number of people interested for the weekly market direction poll games here. thus, i'll hold off on running that on here until more people chime in showing their interest for the games.

i think they're kinda fun to follow throughout the week personally, but to each their own haha. have a great long 3-day weekend guys!!

William Brown likes this.
  20. Andrew Peter O'Donovan

I would be interested in participating in a weekly challenge.