Striving for financial freedom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Netizen, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Netizen

Netizen New Member

Hello gentlemen and ladies it's nice too meet you, My names Netizen, I am a 23 year-old Canadian striving to one day have financial freedom, at this 5-2:30 shifts just aren't my thing. I have dabbled a little bit in stocks here and there and have read up quite a bit. I was sitting at about 12% positive in my first 2-3 months of trading but had to pull my money out due to circumstances.

Now I'm starting a brand new fresh adventure in the world of swing trading. I work all hours of the market, so I am stuck to mostly swing trading, as I believe with the small amount of money i can invest ever month long term investment is just not an ideal way to go. (for now!)

So I've started my journey last friday with 2000$'s and invested it into FR.TO/TSX:FR depending on the sites you use. And I'm up 2.56% after trading fees, not bad for one day. (I haven't sold it yet)

Any who I'm mostly on here to join others with the same goal in mind, and to learn as much as possible on how to be a successful trader.

So far I've been sticking to basic charting, I look for a steady upwards momentum in the 6month charts, if it looks good i try to find a repeating pattern(FR looks amazing in my eyes for a repeating patern) and with the help of ichimoku i make the trades. As I am mostly just trading using charts at the moment, i would really like to get info/books/videos on other subjects as in, financial reports, earnings, dividends and how they effect the stock. So if you have any information/books/videos you'd think could be helpful for me please! Leave a link to them, I'm wanting to learn as much as I can. I can't tell you how many videos I've watched on charting and charting patterns alone. Something like 75+, now I don't remember all of them, but the ones I liked are really helping me out so far.

Thats it for my intro! I hope to find wonderful people to communicate with! Glad to make your acquaintance

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to seeing you around and watching your progress! Financial freedom is what we all strive for

Netizen likes this.
  3. Netizen

Netizen New Member

Thank you very much T0rm3nted! Good luck trading next week!

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Netizen.

Best wishes with your trading.

5. Netizen

Netizen New Member

Thanks tom you really had me fooled with your intro, was blind sighted lol

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Netizen. I've read your bio and offer an idea for your perusal.

Good for you for putting some money aside for trading but I present this idea:

Save up $2500 and invest it. Buy something like nvu-un or nwh-un (I am not specifically recommending these stocks. Any high distributing company with good balance sheet will do. You have to pick. Use a screener, if you wish.) And set it to drip.

Save up another $2500 and use it for trading, as you wish.

Make yourself a promise to not touch the investment for five years.

It will be really, really, really difficult to not touch the investment, particularly if it's doing well but, if you can manage to leave it alone for five years, you will have five years of trading to compare with five years of investing. You will be 28 years old and will have a lot of your career left to fuel whichever performs better.

Day traders and short term traders on the forums all do extremely well but exchange statistics show us that 95% of day traders lose money over time. Hopefully, you will be in the 5% minority.

Just something to consider.

Whatever happens, I wish you good health and prosperity.

7. JenniferChurchillZYc

Welcome, best wishes to you ,mate

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im sure you have probably seen this before, but we are in an awesome bull market where lots of stuff is going up.

There will come a time when this is no longer true, so don't get too used to "stocks only go up" mantra.

Rustic1 likes this.
  9. JenniferChurchillZYc

Great start, good luck to you, my friend. And don't forget to distribute the money correctly. You also need to save money, especially during the coronavirus period. An article on one site financial freedom plan , helped me a lot. It radically changed my outlook on money. I began to spend money in a completely different way, more competently, in my opinion. Well, how do you guys spend your money right away or save it for the future? I would be very interested to hear your opinion. It's just that all people spend money differently, I think most people don't know how to save money properly. Good luck and lots of money, guys :)